1:32 scale Lancaster Mk.1 Hachette Partworks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent so far Gerry, and take as long as you like - it's one of those which might take years, but will be worth it.

Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I think 'slow an' steady' is going to win the race on this one. It's interesting that even without the stringers installed, the access to the sections is very difficult - especially for these pudgy fingers. I suspect Mr Tweezers is going to feature a lot! Now, where did I put that swear box...

Thanks to everyone for that last set of posts, I'm pre-ordering boxes of tweezers even as I speak!. Bill, yes there is a wealth of detail supplied with the kit but some strange omissions - like the main cabin floor and all the radio op's equipment and there may be even more that I haven't discovered yet. Also I think they were adding equipment as the series progressed, as there are a number of things that would need undoing if you were to follow their installation instructions. I've made some more progress on flooring the fuselage centre section and 1st rear section and am working on skinning the rear spar at the minute.

Gerry :D

Great work so far mate, and with all: slowly but surely!

(Give us a yell if you need detail photos)

Thanks Evan, Jan Alberto. I have been concentrating on flooring the built fuselage sections and building the mid upper fuselage section - not particularly photogenic work! I have started to build the main cabin seats and would hope to have some photos of progress later in the week, after Easter.

Happy Easter to all.

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back