1/32 Vought F4U-4 Corsair, VMF-323 "Death Rattlers" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
User name: Lucky13
Name: Jan
Catagory: Intermediate
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Trumpeter
Model type: Vought F4U-4 Corsair
Aftermarket: Nada...well, possibly some aftermarket decals, to change her from '18' to '13', if she carried this noseart, otherwise, if not, then straight out of the box, building her as Capt. Dennis C. Hallquist's '18'..... (fingers crossed)
Email has been sent to find out...

This is what I'll try to do...

DSCF0001-190.jpg

DSCF0017-42.jpg

DSCF0002-173.jpg

Cheers lads!

Aye! One my B-I-G favourites when it comes to carrier aircraft, next to the Skyraider and Crusader, to mention just a couple...

Got this answer on my email:

Jan,
As far as I have found out only 4 of 323s Corsairs had the snake nose art painted on the cowling. I will check the pictures I have and see if any had #13 on it. If I do I will send you a picutre of it. When you finish the model I sure would love some pictures of it. Attached is a couple of pictures of VMF-323 F4U Corsairs aboard the USS Sicily in 1951 sent to me by Lt Bud Yount (now deceased) and corsair pilot and he is in one of the pictures. I hope this is of help.
Semper Fi

Plus two very nice pics, them to classic ones of VMF-323 on the carrier deck, but slightly different angle I think. 8)

Ahhh Jan, you disappointed me. Thought you could do another B-25 say for the bombing of Japan, Cool choice though :)

Ahhh Jan, you disappointed me. Thought you could do another B-25 say for the bombing of Japan, Cool choice though :)

Got a couple of books on that raid....was tempted! :oops:

Honestly Jan, I wouldn't bother with the engine. The kit one is very good, if a bit fragile.

True! .....and to do that engine justice, you'd have to build her with no cowling...

Eeeerrrmmmm......might need to do a section of USS Badoeng Strait CVE-116 or USS Sicily CVE-118, eh? ;) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back