1/32 Vought F4U-4 Corsair, VMF-323 "Death Rattlers" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers lads! Appreciated as always!

Onwards and upwards as they say...

Some details have me confused...and disappointed, like the landing gear and those punch marks, thought that Trumpeter knew better!

As for the tail gear, should it ALL be white?

...and the wingfold, it says fuselage colour, is that correct??

DSCF0001-195.jpg

DSCF0002-178.jpg

DSCF0006-106.jpg

DSCF0004-145.jpg

DSCF0005-132.jpg

Ejector pin marks on struts are a PIA. I'm not the best one to guide you on the colors Jan but I might have done the interior of the wing folds zinc chromate green. Tail wheel is, I think, white but have seen bare aluminum on restored birds.
Corsair 10.jpg

It depends on the time frame, late '44 on, everything is gloss sea blue, before that, chromate green inside wing fold, gear doors,...
Of course the one thing everyone forgets is, we Americans do nothing exactly by the book. So when I hear "The Americans always/never..." I take it with a grain of salt.
Because someone, somewhere, did/didn't! (Part of our charm.)

Cheers lads!

Been fiddling with the tail landing gear and hook, to get the right shape and location, then glue it together (don't want it moveable) and paint it white...

DSCF0001-196.jpg

DSCF0002-179.jpg

Main landing gear next! Can't help but thinking, how much cheaper this kit would have been to produce and sell, without those 'toylike' additions...
Don't think that those that mainly buy these, are gonna use them!

Good stuff old boy. Might be worthwhile cutting off the tail hook, and re-attaching it after final construction and painting - could prevent it getting snapped off when handling, masking etc.
Here's a pic of the wing fold, taken specially for such modelling requirements.

Attachments

• Duxford  May 2011 113.jpg
    Duxford May 2011 113.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back