1/48 B17G Flying Fortress [Revell]

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, there is a few chips as you can see but most of it is seam misalignment and such. It is going to be the a hell race when I bring the fuselages together trying to get the best position in each area. With my dry fit I am able to align the fuselages more accurately but it requires time and strength, the glue will only slow me down..

The worst area for me was over the cockpit (cockpit roof), there´s still a gap there on my model...

Nice Junkers! Pray it doesnt ever fall :D. I saw a build and the guy scratchbuilt the bomb bay and its doors, and im sure the verlinden was a bit more pricey then our beloved revell! I really didnt understand why they had a instruction for the bomb rack then theres no bay on this kit.. I will be featuring the bomb cart though.

PS Junkers: How did you go about doing the windows.. some need to be put in from the inside and im sure you airbrushed yours.. any tips would be great!

All sounds nice Sweb but not this time.The gap in these seams is not a big one.That's way there is no need to fill the gap with a stretch plastic sprue.What makes the matter worse Superglue doesn't like scraping at such areas.I will be better to use a liguid named Debonder for the glue removing.
But as I mentioned above the gap isn't A Big Canion and a soft putty is enough.

Personally I would put these halves together in another way and the putty wouldn't be needed at all. But it would be me.....

The verlinden upgradekit has all the cockpit frames windows in metal. but i airbushed mine inside first with the windows masked from the iside.. ( before i glued the two sides together so it was wide open )
the upgrade kit contains the bombroom also.. it was really a nice upgradekit for the 1:48 B-17 :)

Verlinden 1/48 B17 Update Set

a link to the B-17 upgrade kit :)

:lol: But you are right Corey.:) To be honest these halves could have fitted perfectly as well.

All sounds nice Sweb but not this time.The gap in these seams is not a big one.That's way there is no need to fill the gap with a stretch plastic sprue.What makes the matter worse Superglue doesn't like scraping at such areas.I will be better to use a liguid named Debonder for the glue removing.
But as I mentioned above the gap isn't A Big Canion and a soft putty is enough.

Personally I would put these halves together in another way and the putty wouldn't be needed at all. But it would be me.....

I hear ya. Must be some of that Spock mind melding technique I hear so much about but ain't privy to.

Im guessing you would have sanded down all the flaws, then checked your little layout sheet and glued new plastic on then sand that then attach them? Im only taking a guess from your stabilizer work, people carry their skills over various projects :D

Gents sanding is a basic thing for model making unless you assemble Tamiya or Hasegawa kits only.

In the case using of soft putty is very useful.First of all ,you can fill all gaps and bigger scratches.Secondly, it is easy to remove the putty excess.Thirdly, there is no need to sand down all things at the area of the seams.
And at the end , a proper preparing of all surfaces has a vital meaning for painting wiht metalizers or silver ( aluminium) paints

I think its vital for all paint because most of the time it will shine through, prepare it right and you wont have the "seam team" leaving you comments about flawed work. :D I am def getting that putty, store or internet..

Eduard has also some update kits in their offer, but no bomb bay:

Catalogue #:
BIG4873
Big Ed Items:
EX106 B-17G 1/48 $ 9.95
48528 B-17G landing flaps $ 29.95
49025 B-17G seatbelts $ 7.95
48534 B-17G engines $ 14.95
49337 B-17G cockpit interior $ 24.95
49360 B-17G nose interior $ 19.95
49361 B-17G mid section $ 19.95
49362 B-17G rear interior $ 24.95
48533 B-17G exterior $ 19.95

B-17G 1/48

I think its vital for all paint because most of the time it will shine through, prepare it right and you wont have the "seam team" leaving you comments about flawed work. :D I am def getting that putty, store or internet..

Actually you are right.:) It is basic for painting with all colours.But these matalic paints reaveal inaccuracy on all levels.

Thanks Seesul, but I havent dove into after market parts yet.. $120 for all those pieces.. thats like 5 kits of this lol!

Romek, what is the particular plane you need the decals for?

Actually you are right.:) It is basic for painting with all colours.But these matalic paints reaveal inaccuracy on all levels.

I noticed with the P51, also noticed seams and basic colors with my figure painting. Oh man does it kill a piece of work :mad:

Damn, you nocturnal beast! Im guilty too, I average 2am on school nights, 7:15am start... and no im not modeling that late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back