1/48 B17G Flying Fortress [Revell] (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here you are a couple of very useful tools for sanding and polishing.I'm sure you know were these can be bought.

Attachments

• Nail_File.jpg
    Nail_File.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 133
  • nail polisher.jpg
    nail polisher.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 138
Thanks Wojtek, my mom probably has some of those. :eek:
A tiny sanding update, I think it looks a bit more even now. Still need to mask the windows and glue them from the inside, might wait till I have some canopy glue because elmers breaks like no tomorrow with any pressure.

Attachments

• PICT0598.JPG
    PICT0598.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 141
The side that wasnt cut looks good and the otherside is crap. I will probably have the straight side the bottom one because thats all that will be seen.. still need to paint these, but thats later..

Attachments

• PICT0606.JPG
    PICT0606.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 137
  • PICT0605.JPG
    PICT0605.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 127
  • PICT0603.JPG
    PICT0603.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 139
These are a good semi-material for the doors.If you want you can make them even and then sand down the inner sides.Find some pics or drawings with a view at these real one.Accordig to them you can scratch the inner structure using strips of a phone card or other plastic pieces.

I need more sanding on the sides and a little on the top. Will most likely use CA glue when I put them in because of their uneveness.

Or some support sticks like Ian did.. all in the thought right now..

Yep, coming along nicely - told you you could do it!
The bay doors are shaped to the contours of the belly, so if you want to turn them upside down, swap sides also, so that they have the right shape.
The figures are looking good, and BTW, one is a pilot, and another a crew member. For future reference, to make the job easier, remove the seams on the figures with a scalpel/craft knife blade, shaving 'backwards'; in other words, scraping the seams away. It's much easier, and more accurate, than trying to sand in confined, small areas.
Good work so far.

I used the sideways method alot, but I polished it with sanding. I use the edge of my metal nail filer back n forth like mentioned.

I also just recieved a tractor for my bomb cart from a forum member on another site, so now the cart will be rigged up to the tractor in my diorama.

Nice one! Should look good on a hard-standing with the bomb train approaching or loading. Let me know which unit you're modelling if it's an 8th AF one, and I'll let you know what shape the dispersal areas were on the airfield concerned, so that you can make a base easily.

We might have to PM Terry, I am thinking bases and tactics but also have to consider the plane type and where it served, let me check my decal sheet. My buddy also just threw in his field crew from his B24 Lib so I will have some extras on the diorama.

Heres some photos, I know your eyes are probably gone so bare with me on the last pic.. :D

Attachments

• PICT0621.JPG
    PICT0621.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 147
  • PICT0622.JPG
    PICT0622.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 154
  • PICT0623.JPG
    PICT0623.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 154
  • PICT0626.JPG
    PICT0626.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 147
OK, no probs. Same colour schemes as my old kit. The natural metal bird was based at Glatton. I'll dig out the info and send you a PM to start with. I might have some colour pics of the aircraft from that unit on their base, I'll certainly have a sketch map of the place at least.
Leave it with me and I'll PM in a day or so.
Terry.

Good enough, the other offered bird is the olive drab with white underside.. I bought Alclad just for tihs beast so I had to do El Lobo, but I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back