1/48 B17G Flying Fortress [Revell]

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Brought my baby to the plane wash! Took a cereal bowl and filled it with tap water, 1 min in microwave and dish detergent and an old toothbrush and scrubbed er' clean.Next will be a "seam" check with some primer, then if all is well I will liquid mask the windows then store away and work on the Catalina..

Attachments

• PICT0987.JPG
    PICT0987.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 135
  • PICT0988.JPG
    PICT0988.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 126
  • PICT0990.JPG
    PICT0990.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 131
I have this kit. I plan on building it as part of one of th future group builds. So I will be watching you for hints on how to do it.

Here are two questions for all. Does anyone make any 305th Bomb Group decals for this kit? I would like to open the bomb bay doors. The kit has good bomb bay detail. Is there any after market details for this? I have seen detail sets for every other part of this kit.

Bill G.

About the only thing you need to make is the triangle G which is easy w/stencils if you can't find a scale G

So I was drinking my diet pepsi and thought looking at the can.. NMF!

So I cut it up and then placed one of my bomb bay doors to it and cut it to shape, then used a ruler and blade to make the lines, Used CA glue to hold it down. Now its not perfect because I did it and took the pictures but I will be sanding some edges and such to get it to fit.. it was pretty quick and painless and looks a nice "plated" look.

Attachments

• DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 123
Thanks Woj, my biggest worry is my liquid mask holding up on the windows hoping that I got every little spot on the window and not letting my alclad penetrate it, busted windows would be a huge letdown!

Did some minor cutting and blade adjustments to the door, also gave it a light sanding which seemed to make it quite nice!!

Attachments

• DSC_0070.JPG
    DSC_0070.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0071.JPG
    DSC_0071.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_0075.JPG
    DSC_0075.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 152
Nice scratchbuilding Corey! That bird is HUGE! Those seams look great too. :thumbleft:

Did a seam check with primer, it went ok but my putty didnt take too kind to it. After a rather nice full coat the putty stuck through and didnt seem to take color or blend in with the seam. The color of my primer is milky gray-white. So I sanded the seams more and re-did some putty in gap areas, hope the next go around it turns out better!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back