1/48 Eduard, Bf 109G-5, unusual camouflage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The tire set ready to receive color ... just like the propeller blades ...

143.jpg
144.jpg

After clarifying my doubts regarding the swastika of the tail, I followed the advice of Terry and Wojtek (thanks fellows). Making the square, it was simple, I placed a piece of waxed paper on one of the swastikas of the decals sheet and formed the square with Tamiya tape, leaving a small margin of about half a millimeter. Then it was only to correctly position the square on each side of the tail ...

145.jpg
146.jpg

Starting the process with large decals, I could verify that the size and placement were adequate ...

147.jpg

... and that's how the newly painted wheels and propeller look ...

148.jpg

Best regards and I come back with more ... :thumbup:

Hola y gracias Geo, saludos hasta Canadá. ;)

I had already had to experiment and work with Eduard's decals sheet, when I made my Me 262A-1 / U4. I think they are of excellent quality and I do not remember having any major problems.
The same goes for the print quality and sharpness of the decals of our 109.
What does impress me is "the amount of tiny decals that this model includes" !!

149.jpg

I have two days with minimum sessions of 2 to 3 hours ... and still not finished with the blessed decals! :nailbiting:

150.jpg

The decals in red on the black paint are lost a bit ...:yawn:

151.jpg

... and that is in all the mini-decals, ... the sheet includes them in black and red as the main option, some are WHITE, but they are for the upper part of the wings, ... and I preferred to use the letters black.

:crazy:... the concentration to cut correctly, to identify its correct place, not to break (or lose) some mini-decals, ... as well as the meticulous placement of each one, have caused it to suspend each session, ... with pain of hip, head and sight !! (... hahaha, it is not the same "the three musketeers ... than 30 years later" ...!)
In addition to applying to each one, its minimum endowment of Micro Set and then its ration of Micro Sol
... It's MADNESS!

152.jpg

After the next photo, I continued with another series of mini-decals ...

153.jpg

But I have already suspended my work for today ... :crazyeyes: ...! I have an approximate of 50 decals placed ... and I still have 23!

I hope to recover to continue during the weekend.

Greetings to all and enjoy your weekend to the fullest. :thumbup:

Lots of work there Luis-Carlos. Sorry to say that the flap position indicator is incorrectly placed. That's the one one the flap with the black and red staggered horizontal lines. This decal should be placed in the RLM 02 area. As the flap opens, more lines show up, telling the pilot the position of the flaps. If the flaps are fully down, then all the lines would be visible. If partly down, some of the lines would be hidden inside the wing.Like this:

17112405.jpg

My dear Andy, you know how much I appreciate these observations.
It is a feedback with which I learn new things and I can see errors or omissions. I think I can try tomorrow to remove these decals and put them in their correct place.
The decals sheet includes two sets of these decals and I chose the one that has one of the stripes in red, if I can not recover them, I can use the other pair that has all the stripes in black (as samples in your kit).
Notice that the instructions do not specify it and as only the line of the panels comes, I thought that the decal was on the outside and not inside the fold of the flap. Tomorrow I work on it.

Again, thank you very much and welcome all that kind of observations. :salute: :thumbup:

Everyone probably already knows this but I only just noticed this after I violently removed a decal that was slightly in the wrong location. Even sadder, I've had and used this bottle for a very long time. Placed here for the benefit of others who are like me and don't read labels

001.JPG

Pretty sure they mean "....rub off or lift the edge

002.JPG

Wow !, I consider myself one of those who read the instructions, but really if I ever did read the instructions for using this bottle, ... I do not remember the matter of removing decals!
Information (or reminder) that I thank you infinitely Geo, I think you just lighten the load to deal with this pair of small decals that I must rearrange.

Muchas gracias colega! :notworthy: :thumbup:

This is the confusion I had to interpret the decal instructions ... I thought I had to split that decal in half and put half on the wing and the other half on the flap.
I opted to put it complete on the flap ... (Thanks again for watching Andy)

154.jpg

Once again the timely contribution to get ahead with any setback gives us the opportunity to learn and do things in a better and easier way. (Thanks Goerge for that reminder - and know other options and uses-)
Something funny is that to take off the decal of the right wing, I took just under 5 minutes, ... and doing the same, with the left I took a little more than 20 minutes! ... I did not understand what happened ...

155.jpg

The blue arrow indicates the last line, was on the flap, ... what I did was "scrape" it very carefully after applying twice Micro Sol with a curved knife. The result was satisfactory, I only gave a small touch with a fine brush and RLM 76.

After finishing with the decals ... (... Uff :confused:!! ...), I applied two layers of gloss varnish, to fix the decals and prepare the ground for the washes. That's how she spend night.
Today in the morning I toured "the whole aircraft" with sandpapers from 3600 to 12000 or some of them wet, ... really the surface was smooth and soft. (The application of clear X-22 + Lacquer Thinner, left a slight appearance of orange skin).

For the washing of the upper part, I did it with oil paints in a mixture of natural shadow with black ... after a few minutes, I only removed it with a dry napkin.
We can appreciate the result in the left wing ...

156.jpg
157.jpg

For the bottom part, the mixture was black and white. The procedure was the same. Previously I did the oils washed to the entire landing gear.

158.jpg
159.jpg
160.jpg

Some pieces came off with the activity, later I'll put them back in their place.
The washing in the wheels of the tires and the result so far ...

161.jpg
162.jpg
163.jpg

Thank you for your visits and comments, that all of you, friends and colleagues finish a very tasty Sunday. :occasion5:

Saludos :thumbup:

Very nice and good save on the flap indicator. It looks good now but I can see how the instructions would be confusing.

Note: If you go back to the 2nd and third pics in post #5, you can clearly see this stencil on the deployed flap.

What an eye Andy, now I could see the stencil on the deployed flap. It's good to keep knowing that kind of detail. I would never have noticed that stencil. You can even see that these lines are light (possibly white), thank you for showing it to me.
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back