1/48 Eduard, Bf 109G-5, unusual camouflage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Huge and Chad ... with IPMS Mexico for this weekend, I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel with our Bf 109 !!

The tires were "almost" ready, just a little more dust and dirt to mount them in their place.

164.jpg
165.jpg

A couple more accidents :banghead2: ...!: :dontknow:
First: The pitot, ... it was too much time that he stayed safe, ... but finally he got stuck in one of the sponges that hold the airplane and ... it broke!

As I mentioned during the process, the kit brings a pitot more, but I preferred to go to the safe and used a couple of my needles to replace the broken piece, what's more, I´ve already many times traveled this road (the value and cost of the experience )

166.jpg
167.jpg
168.jpg

Second: With so many head positions (up and down), I did not even notice when I lost the back support of the antenna cable ...

169.jpg

With sandpaper and files I made the surface flat, where will rest the small piece that I reconstructed from a strip of styrene ... It was not so bad ...

170.jpg
171.jpg
172.jpg
173.jpg

At this time I applied a layer of matte varnish, and later I will make the smoke and fire marks of the exhausts, put all the missing pieces, "the left back belt missing", the open canopy, the cable of the antenna ... and carefully review some missing or improvement details ...

I think it may be the penultimate post of this thread ... we'll know later.

We are still in contact, illustrious young people. :thumbup:

You can do it Luis! Having a build with no broken parts would be something akin to Michael Angelo creating David without creating chips of stone. :p Nice recovery, the new parts look better anyways.

They are words that feed the enthusiasm, motivate to continue improving and confirm that I am in a very special forum and surrounded by very special people. :grouphuuug:
Always present and very friendly Wojtek, Andy, George, Wayne, Terry, Chad ... and so many friends and colleagues, who have been present.
It has been a particularly busy week in my business (which I appreciate because they have been difficult times) and today is the registration of models in the convention hall of the Hotel Del Prado, where the XXXIV National IPMS Mexico will take place.
Days ago I registered online, so it will be faster and I hope to arrive early at noon, because today Friday I have several laps of work and Friday traffic in this huge city is really complicated. o_O
Obviously I finished "yesterday at night" our Bf 109G and I also prepared the packing for the transfer of my 3 participants to their weekend walk.
Sorry I did not have time to share the photos, but tonight will be possible.
Let's all go to my fourth IPMS Mexico experience.
Saludos :thumbup:

Have fun Luis! :thumbleft:
I look forward to hearing about the show as well as whatever goodies you bring home from the vendors for future projects. Maybe a Japanese subject or two? :D

Thank you very much for your cheers and words of encouragement.

I left these photos that I did not have time to share ...
The belt was practically one of the last details ...

174.jpg
175.jpg

This is a small sequence of our 109 finished and some details !!

176.jpg
177.jpg
178.jpg
179.jpg
180.jpg
181.jpg

With this I can conclude our workbench and again thank the support, support, visits and company along this thread.

I still do not take the final photos that will soon appear in my Gallery, I hope that in the next few days I will do it.

These are a couple of photos of the models that I included for the IPMS Mexico 2018, the night of Thursday (before taking them to their adventure)

182.jpg
183.jpg

(I will also share them in the threads of B25 and N1K1)

It was a very intense weekend, a busy event and with news satisfactions that now that I have the photos ready, I will be happy to share with all of you.

Hasta pronto :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back