1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good day for everyone
(here in Mexico we say to Wednesday "el ombligo de la semana" -the navel of the week- ), I hope your week is going well.

I'm about to enter the marathonic work of drawing and making the rivet lines of the fuselage ... and I have no idea how long it will take me.
For the same reason I share (even) what I already have of the panel lines recovered in the joints of the wings and fuselage ...

To start with the riveting of the tail, I relied on these images:

(To be more specific, the drawings of the different sections of riveting that I have exposed, are parts of images obtained from the magazine Aero Detail 18 / Heinkel He111)

... And the result:

Among the rivet marathon, I hope to rest by making some other advances of our AW177, so as not to fall into despair or phobia of rivets !!

Greetings my compadres

During a break, I took the opportunity to immerse transparent pieces in Future.

... as clean as possible, ready for your bath ...

I have followed the recommendation of leaving at least 24 hours to perfectly dry the Future. As well, the best possible covers to protect them from dust ...

For work reasons, they spent more than three days, so with more reason this step was overcome ...

On another break, I'll start with the masking stage.
Remember these photos with the small gap between the fuselage and the transparent piece?

Well, I've started working on solving that detail too. At the time I get that, I´ll share the photos.

BTW, all the vertical rivet lines of the fuselage, are already made ... I'll start with the horizontal ones!

See you soon and thank you for visiting me around here.

Gracias Terry, Wojtek y Dr. Huge

With a styrene sheet of the thickness of the gap, I made the repair ...

I liked that the entire length where the transparent piece will settle was leveled ... once I painted the inside of the color of the cockpit ...

... I started with the measurements to trace the rivet lines. I will do it by sections of the fuselage. Starting with the top part (the roof, if we see it from the inside) ...

... and then with thin strips of Tamiya tape, I will go by sections joining the reference points ...

Interesting and methodical stage, right? ... ... ...

Another test for my serenity, patience and concentration!!
(I hope my wife notices the person I'm becoming ... hahaha)

Saludos y excelente fin de semana mis amigos

Thanks for your comments, chaps.

... a couple of incidents, typical of this hobby ... disgust

With the pressure exerted on the fuselage to make the lines of rivets, in the upper part of the junction of the fuselage, there was a part that was reopened!
There was no more to reapply Tamiya ETC and secure the junction with tape:

From days ago (when I started with the riveting), without realizing it, I had to make enough pressure to detach and bend (almost break) the internal supports of the rear tire.
So before it was finished breaking (tremendous mess that I would get), I put a stand with a cylindrical piece of a thick branch of plastic and fixed it with tape to withstand any accidental rubbing ...

Thus the fragile and small piece was assured ...

Now I can continue with greater safety with the riveting of the fuselage.

Well, it was just a brief recess and discussion of what happened.
Sure they are day-to-day situations that we have all lived and ... we will continue experimenting ...!

Nos vemos luego!

Thank you illustrious young people.

I did not put the little tire in its place, precisely to avoid a risk to the small and delicate piece.
They are that type of pieces that according to the assembly sequence, remain in latent risk during the rest of the process ..., but there is no way to do it "after closing the fuselage" (or yes ?, someone knows a different alternative?)

It's not like the antennas or the pitot we left for the end.
In this case they are so small points of union inside that zone, to unite the tiny piece to the two sides of the fuselage, ... that the only thing that occurs to me is to have done "from before" this security work of the piece.

Something to keep in mind for similar future situations.

For drawing the rivet lines of the fuselage, I relied on these diagrams:

In this first section of the sides, I made the approximate measurements to start ...

... and that's how I started to join the dots with the tape strips ...

We know that the riveting of that time did not trace lines "so straight", so my pulse helped to meet that condition ... I think maybe I exceeded myself a little!

It's all for now (so as not to accumulate so many photos, ... - it's really another stop in the process-)

Happy Sunday for everyone, and if there are NFL lovers, in these pre- Super Bowl LIII finals, I'm with New Orleans Saints and Kansas Chiefs to get to the last game.

Users who are viewing this thread