1/48 Hurricane Mk.1 H.J. Davidson 249 Sqn BoB Ace

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bill, just 'stretch' the canopy outwards slightly, so that it fits over the spine. Attach a fine strip of sprue or thin plastic strip to the rim, where the runners would be, using PVA. Let this set, paint, let dry, then attach the canopy/runners to the fuselage, again using PVA, or small spots of CA applied off the end of a pin.
Just to show that it does work, in true 'Blue Peter' tradition, here's one I made earlier - and this is the old Monogram kit, where the spine is probably wider than the Hasegawa kit.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 222.jpg
    BC Hurricane 222.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 127
No need to heat it Vic. With vac-form, cut the canopy from the windscreen before cutting it away from the surrounding material. Then simply 'open it out', gently. Fix one side first, after placing over the spine, let it set, then fix the other side, holding it in place with tape if needed.

Workin on Harry's plane during the break between GB17 18, and 17 ends this coming Sunday.

I do have the wings attached. Seams are finished, now for the codes. I did buy a sheet with the GN code, it did have the letter Y included but silly old me. I didn't look closely enough, it's 2mm shorter. So I scanned the code, took it into Corel and traced them and made up the Y. I printed this on plain paper and used my light box to cut the mask. I made a circle for a dummy roundel for spacing the code letters and it will come off before I spray the cammo. I'm gonna spray the sides with code gray, then apply the mask and then spray the cammo colors. Since I am spraying acrylics the paint will be thin enough not to have a real thick ridge.

Attachments

• HD Hurri code masks.jpg
    HD Hurri code masks.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 70
  • HD Hurri redi for codes.jpg
    HD Hurri redi for codes.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back