1/48 Lysander Mk III - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
1/48 Lysander Mk III - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.
Username: Donivanp
First name: Don
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Eduard
Model Type: Lysander Mk III
Aftermarket addons: None

Attachments

• L-1.JPG
    L-1.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited by a moderator:
Lysander Mk.III SCW, V9287, No 161 (SD) Squadron, RAF, Tempsford AB, 1942

Attachments

• L-2.JPG
    L-2.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 191
  • l-3.JPG
    l-3.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 197
Good one Don. I've got the old Italeri kit (courtesy of Glenn) which will also be done as a SD aircraft, in a small diorama - some day!
Let me know if you want some detail shots of the exterior, as I took some of the Shuttleworth Collection's aircraft, although it's in the earlier overall black scheme.
Meanwhile, here's a couple of pics of the Duxford example.

Attachments

• Don 1.jpg
    Don 1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Don 2..jpg
    Don 2..jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 168
I spit a little paint at the interior today after working on the Su-24. Terry I can use all the photos you have. I have read about the exploits of those who flew the Lysander and have always like it. I just don't have very much information on the aircraft itself.

Attachments

• L-4.JPG
    L-4.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 164
  • L-5.JPG
    L-5.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 154
  • L-6.JPG
    L-6.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 156
  • L-7.JPG
    L-7.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 151
I'll sort and post the pics here over the weekend sometime Don.
I have two detailed books on the Lysander, but the files are too big to send via e-mail. If you can wait, send me a PM with a mailing address, and I'll put them onto a CD for you. Also, a good reference for background is 'We Landed By Moonlight', by Hugh Verity, who flew S.D. Lysanders from Tempsford, via Tangmere, the latter being much closer to the south coast of England.
The rear cockpit was modified slightly to accommodate the 'Joes' ferried to and from Europe on SOE missions.
The pic I posted of the Duxford example is a re-creation of his aircraft, with the 'Jiminy Cricket' cartoon figure on the fuselage, below the cockpit.

Terry, when I want to send a file that is too big for an email, I use Google Drive. I sent a 128MB file that way. It takes quite a while to download and send but you don't have to worry about the CD and postage.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back