1/48 Macchi 205, Adriano Visconti of 1st Sq 1st Gr.C.T. Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I have been toiling a little with the 205.I decided to go ahead and grind the side details off and just apply the True Details sidewalls there.It still took me getting out the PCM 202 kit to get an idea were the IP should be placed and I think I got it real close.The PCM kit also came in handy for some paint also I almost dropped this kit for that one for reasons Ole' Wayno or Bernhart might know?Anyway it looks like this gig might work after all everything in this kit has to be trippled check for fit and then some.The exhaust openings on the nose had too be opened even when compared to photos the rear exhaust almost comes out of the gully at the end and the front is just starting to poke out neither was occuring.By doing so made the engine sit properly in the comparment now I have to contend with the upper cowl the buldges for the guns to the inside are touching the engine not allowing for proper alignment there,we shall see?As you can see I have just applied the gloss and tomorrow I am going to start the staining and weathering on the pit and wheel wells for what it's worth.I do think this might turn out to be a decent kit just extra work is being required it's just that I might get done early what's next??BR 20/M,FI-156,CR 42(Classic Airframes) or another MC 202 smoke rings 1/72.I bet I got another 10 a/c in Med markings and I never new I was buying them as such till I started looking.I do have have one question the P-40 British two tone brown is that Med plane?or PTO?Pics...........

Attachments

• m205 011_edited (800 x 379).jpg
    m205 011_edited (800 x 379).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 143
  • m205 013_edited (800 x 299).jpg
    m205 013_edited (800 x 299).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 134
  • m205 014_edited (800 x 599).jpg
    m205 014_edited (800 x 599).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Thks Guys!I need to get some more empty glass jars for mixing paint.I was over at Stormo and saw the interior green was about 1/2 this dark but did not have anything ATM to store it.I will have this taken care of by the time I move on too the CR42.

STORMO! Color Guide

Thks Dan appreciate it Sir.Well I have a mock up of my efforts today.The fuselage is together but the engine is just in place for now.You will notice that some of the valvecovers had to come off to get the lower engine cowl to come into play.I used a tailhook from some plane as the stick with some sanding taking place(sorry no pic anxious :oops: )and had to shorten the rudder pedal about 1/16".The weathering I really thought was not bad or great till I took a photo and whew! you guys are not seeing those.This kit as said before is a fit sand fit sand cut whatever but I am still thinking she might look decent in the long run wish me luck.I have decided the CR 42 4 colours is after this by Classic Airframes I also have the float version also hmmmnn..............Thks for poking your head in in advance.Cheers Kevin

Attachments

• m205 021_edited (868 x 916).jpg
    m205 021_edited (868 x 916).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 142
  • m205 022_edited (800 x 363).jpg
    m205 022_edited (800 x 363).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 147
  • m205 020_edited (800 x 468).jpg
    m205 020_edited (800 x 468).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 147
It does look like you're having fun Kevin.....you are, aren't you?:p

Really it's not too bad Wayne just alot more effort required almost like doing a limited run kit which I have only done one thus far the 1/32 D520.I don't know what made me use a wide brush for the weathering :confused: if I had gotten a thin one would of been fine,brain lapse:confused: Cheers Kevin

sounds like your having alot of the same difficulties I was having, especially fitting the engine and hood. And as i remeber there was difficulty figuring out the bays for the landing gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back