1/72 Sm 82 Marsupiale; 205 Sq, 12 Stormo B.T.; Gadurra, Rhodes, 1940 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone. :)

In progress camo shot. Haven't played with the birghtness on this one so the colors are a tad off. Just to show you guys what it looks like. :)

Cutting those masks was time consuming. I LOVE blue-tac! :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0261v2.JPG
    IMG_0261v2.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 208
Thanks Harrison and Dirk. :)

Rear section isn't finished as I'm trying to sort thru an issue of the "three-color dilemna". :)

Looks great. How did you get your masking to raise? Double sided tape or folded tape?

Sorry Matt - somehow missed this one.

I drew the masking template freehand on semi-transparent graph paper. I traced the wing outline first, then drew the camo "squares" and cut them out with a sharp exacto. After that was done, I flipped the template over and stuck small thin pieces of Blue-Tac in between the camo shapes and at the template wing edges. Then I simply flipped the template back over and stuck it to the wing - I only had to use a little pressure at the wing edges to make the template was secured. Once the template was on, I simply airbrushed away - making sure that the surface of the wing was perpendicular to the paint spray to prevent underspraying between the wing and the template. (The only time I altered that was when I did the slight wrap-around on the leading wing edge.) When the airbrushing was done, I carefully peeled off the template and removed the blue-tac. Any pieces of blue tac that wouldn't come up off the paint I removed by simply rolling a little ball of blue tac over them.

Thanks Heinz and VB. :)

Camo is taking a LOT longer than I thought.

Here's the latest shot with all three colors on the main and rear wings. Needs a bit of tweaking still. Not sure that this one is going to be done in time.

Attachments

• IMG_0264v2.JPG
    IMG_0264v2.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back