***DONE: Henschel HS-129 B-1, MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Look'in pretty sweet there Dirk and yes the mottling looks pretty damn good.Cheers Kevin

With the deadline for the GB fast approaching I have found myself behind the eight ball. Here is some progress. The end of the tunnel is near.

History

The Staffel's 12 Hs 129B-2/Trop. (tropicalized) aircraft were sent from Germany to El Adem, Libya, via the Balkans and Crete in early November. On 17 November the Hs 129's flew their first mission in North Africa against a British armored column. The German attack destroyed two British armored cars and caused panic among the British troops seeing the new Luftwaffe aircraft for the first time.

On to the Model

To pickup where we left off I added the white tips to the underside of the wings and the white band around the fuselage.

HOLDING008.jpg

HOLDING007.jpg

Next I installed the Gnome Rhone engines and mounted the engine instruments on the inboard nacelle surfaces of each engine. Each engine had the following gauges; RPM, Fuel indicator, Oil Temp, Oil/Fuel Pressure and Oil system pressure gauges. Because of the lack of space inside the cockpit these were mounted on the exterior of the aircraft.

The Gnome Rhone engines were an upgrade to the 465 hp Argus As 410A-1 engines but were still underpowered for this aircraft.

HOLDING002.jpg

HOLDING003.jpg

He129006.jpg

HOLDING004.jpg

Till next time. Thanks for looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back