****DONE: 1/72 Flettner Fl-282 B-0 Kriegsmarine ship "Drache" - MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
Category: 2
Scale:1/72
Manufacturer: HUMA
Model type : Flettner Fi-282 B-0
Details : Kriegsmarine GF-YF, based on DKS Drache - Helicopter Carrier
Other: Parts of the model will be replaced with scratch-built items.

Used as reconnaissance over Aegean Sea based at mine layer Drache (modified as helicopter carrier). First production Helicopter to see service.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdYPQLvuJh8

Fl232.jpg

flettner-FL282-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And I thought that my Hurricane with Partisan markings will be unusual entry in this Group Build. Wow! Great choice VB and educational too. I had no idea that Germans operationally deployed helicopters in Mediterranean theater. Will fallow your work on this model closely.

Last edited:
Fantastic! I don't think I've ever seen a helicopter modelled for any form of WW2 competition or Group Build, well done on the choice mate! Really looking forard to seeing this develop, although it'll be so small I might need new glasses!
I'm not that genned up of the Flettners, so don't know which one I saw in a museum years ago (open framed vesion), but it sure was small, even close up!

And my three cents...source unknown...

Attachments

• Flettner Fi282_.jpg
    Flettner Fi282_.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 364
  • Flettner Fi282.jpg
    Flettner Fi282.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 328
  • Flettner Fi282_1.jpg
    Flettner Fi282_1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 312
  • Flettner Fi282_2.jpg
    Flettner Fi282_2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 320
I read that there was a plan to have an obsever behind the engine. Does anyone have a photo or drawning of the second seat?

DBII

Great pictures there, Paul and Wojtek.
I haven't noticed until seen on this larger photos. This thing had two two blade rotors next to each other!? Wonder which type of engine did it use? (Must admit I don't know much about German helicopters.)

Thanks for link DB, some good stuff there. When I saw that there were two blades I figured they must have been counter rotating, just was surprised to see they were on two separate shafts. Well, if they had been on a single shaft that would be way ahead of its time, I guess...

Last edited:
Wonder which type of engine did it use? (Must admit I don't know much about German helicopters.)

This machine was powered by BMW 314E engine of 160HP with rotor reduction ratio 1:12.

Does anyone have a photo or drawning of the second seat?

DBII

Source unknown...

Attachments

• Flettner Fi282_5a.jpg
    Flettner Fi282_5a.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 538
  • Flettner Fi282_5.jpg
    Flettner Fi282_5.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 326
COOL, What is worse, strapped down without a canopy or sitting backwards in the tail? It is one step away from an utra light. We could sell rides at airshows. :)

DBI

Did Wright brothers fly sitting in hermetic cockpi? The first steps are never easy.

Source unknown......

Attachments

• Fi282 glazed cockpit.jpg
    Fi282 glazed cockpit.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 230

Users who are viewing this thread

Back