****DONE: 1/72 Flettner Fl-282 B-0 Kriegsmarine ship "Drache" - MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FINALLY got time to work on this a little more.

Spent several days removing flash from the fuselage sides and painted the interior a silver dope and sealed it with a flat clear coat. Also painted the rotor head the base color of Lt Grey. Lost an exhaust pipe to the carpet gods and had to fashion a new one from wire and painted rust.

Fl232-5.jpg

Did a dry run fitting the fuselages together with the engine gear boxes. Ended up having to file several more mm's off of the sides to get it to fit properly.

Fl232-6.jpg

Looking good VB. Must be darned small too - not something my knackered hands would have fun with!!

Finally getting back into the grove.

Attached the engine into the fuselage halves and glued them together. Unfortunately I discovered that the panel lines do not match (the red lines), in fact are off approx 1mm all around. So started to sand/file away.

2nd picture is after puttying and the initial coat of primer. More puttying and sanding required.

Attachments

• FL 232 Primed.JPG
    FL 232 Primed.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 95
  • FL 232 Primed 2.JPG
    FL 232 Primed 2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 96
Ok, after reading a number of posts about using CA glue to build, gave it a whirl. I think from now on it will be my preference. Used it to attach the tail planes and other parts. I think I've had to sand/file so much I'm beginning to run out of plastic. Tomorrow is another coat of primer then the main coat.

Attachments

• FL 232 Tail.JPG
    FL 232 Tail.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 114

Users who are viewing this thread

Back