1/48 Macchi 205, Adriano Visconti of 1st Sq 1st Gr.C.T. Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Kevin!!
I'm looking in my archive for some pics about "Tifone"..

tifone.jpg

Well I have been drawn back to the 205 once again this girl is not a build for the faint hearted for sure hence the shelving for two years :dontknow: I have got the wing and tailplanes in place as you can see.I am trying to keep the covers removable but only if it looks acceptable after the paint is laid.I have put thin stryene tabs to hold them in play but the rear cover for the guns can be skightly off at times.I had a huge gap on the undeside of the wing to the fuse used tube cement in the gap and stuck two .010 or .015 pieces of stryene in there on top of the glue then some liquid cement :|.I still have some wing joint filling up top also to take care of.I am taking my time so the final result should be a good one I hope,just alot of flash and cleaning of parts must be done.

Attachments

• Re-205 002_edited (700 x 525).jpg
    Re-205 002_edited (700 x 525).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 96
  • Re-205 001_edited (700 x 518).jpg
    Re-205 001_edited (700 x 518).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 100
  • Re-205 003_edited (700 x 525).jpg
    Re-205 003_edited (700 x 525).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 99
Hi Javlin!
I think that is coming just a beautiful airplane!
Generally, the flaps when the plane was on the ground, remained closed..

I follow your WIP with interest!

Daniele. :eek:

Hi Javlin!
I think that is coming just a beautiful airplane!
Generally, the flaps when the plane was on the ground, remained closed..

I follow your WIP with interest!
Daniele. :eek:

OK Dan then it shall be appreciate the input Kevin :thumbleft:

Looking very nice, Kevin. :D Keep working please.

I will Wojtek I do not know what persuaded me to go after this one but the intent is to close this chapter!!I fiddled with the Ta152 in 1/72 some and almost started the 1/48 last night but damn the desk is getting full and I know I do not want to be crippled like Wayne with 20 projects on the line :)

and 20 is going conservative I'sa think

Thank You Terry.I have finished the sanding now on the wing roots it took about 4 lines of super glue but it now just about what I want to see.I have also figured out how to fix the gun cover with strips of stryene on the bottom and back and we should be good.

MEFWGroupBuild016-1.jpg

MEFWGroupBuild017.jpg

The bottom is going to have to be hit again tissue got in yhr way and was not aware that it was that much so
MEFWGroupBuild020-1.jpg

MEFWGroupBuild021-1.jpg

MEFWGroupBuild022-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thks Guys :thumbright: David I have since fixed the missed spot on the bottom and toned down the preshade some suttle is the effect I want.But before I did that I took a worn out scotch brite and sanded all the RLM 76 on all three planes makes it smooth and kinda seals it if you know what I mean.I could just about put decals on right now hence because of the sheen and texture.

Thanks for that tip! I've tried doing it before but have this horrible habit of putting on heavy coats. I'm about to enter another plane in the current GB which I really want to do it correctly this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back