1/48 Macchi 205, Adriano Visconti of 1st Sq 1st Gr.C.T. Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I got the cannons fitted with again alot of sanding and cutting and not entirely the manufactures fault in this case.The tan backing you see through the opening had to be cut 1/2 way down and it was accomplished with the backedge of the xacto #11.Then the cannon platform was shortened on the backend,narrowed some and notched to get by the resin sidewalls.Then how to slide it all in at one time NOT cannon platform will have to go in with hooks on there barrels trimmed some,they lock into the engine bearers two holes.It's going to work jsut some fineseing.I will have pics in a couple of days once it's all painted and touched up.
Cheers Kevin

I do appreciate the positives Guys!I am thinking of backing out of the CR42 though and doing the 1/32 109 of Franz Scheiss that way I can particpate in the GB @ LSP it will be OOB I think :rolleyes: :)

Cool Wayne that would be good because you know research is one of my weaker areas.Kevin

Great job Javlin!! :)
Particularly because the kit isn't the state of the art today..

Bravo!! :)

However..To be more precise..
For the Veltro 18-1 MM.92219 there isn't no evidence that was used by Adriano Visconti..

I adore this pilot..
He was one of the most important italian pilot..
He was contemptibly murdered by partisans..
But the "legend" of his 18-1 is hard to die..:rolleyes:

macchi_c205_veltro_serie_III_mm92219.jpg

This aircraft was the first Macchi C.205 of the ANR with RLM 74/75/76 scheme..
The wings insignia are experimental (white fasces)..

4.jpg

The single pilot was photographated near 18-1 was Sergente Maggiore Luigi Gorrini..But this Veltro was not even his aircraft..
Maybe afterwards, this aircraft was used by Sergente Maggiore Giampiero Svanini..

It seems to me that a little clarity on the issue is due..:)

Best Regards, Daniele.

Last edited:
Thks Daniele,I never knew but as stated before research is not my strong suit esp. when it comes to pilots.I really like to build and try to make a convincing rendition.Thks again for the info.Cheers Kevin

Hi Jav!! :)
How do yuo do?

Thanks to all.. :oops:

The engine of the Veltro was the FIAT RA.1050 RC.58 "Tifone" (Typhoon)

immagine_10b.jpg

(Manuale Nomenclatore)

This engine was the Daimler Benz DB 605A engine of 1,475 hp built by Fiat under license..

This model was built by Maurizio Di Terlizzi, my friend..He's an artist of the plastic.. :lol:

c205mdt_2.jpg

c205mdt_4.jpg

LINK

You'll find many another pics of "Tifone" (or DB605A) on the net.. :)

But..Your work about engine is beautiful!!:)

Cheers, Daniele.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

Dear Dirk..
The camo scheme called "Schema ad Amebe (Amoebas)" or "Anelli di fumo (smoke rings)" is typical of many Macchi fighters.. :)

The Veltro 18-1 of Jav was painted in RLM 74/75/76 (Luftwaffe scheme) but before many MC202 or MC205 was painted with "Amoebas scheme"..

In the modeling you can reproduce it with many, many, many patience and a good airbrush..

MC205-38s.jpg

Last edited:

Dear Dirk..
The camo scheme called "Schema ad Amebe (Amoebas)" or "Anelli di fumo (rings of smoke)" is typical of many Macchi fighters.. :)

The Veltro 18-1 of Jav was painted in RLM 74/75/76 (Luftwaffe scheme) but before many MC202 or MC205 was painted with "Amoebas scheme"..

In the modeling you can reproduce it with many, many, many patience and a good airbrush..

MC205-38s.jpg

I think its going to be some time before I attempt that type of Camo

Thks Dan I appreciate you getting those pics for me that should help some the Taurro directions are really sad and those actuator rods for the cannons was bugging me.This is the 2nd build I have seen with silver engine bearings and the green can I have red so some changes are in order.Thks Again Kevin

I agree! Decals for a relatively simple camouflage design pattern? In 1/32nd scale, this design should be well within the capabilities of anyone who knows how to switch on an airbrush, and fairly straightforwrd with a paint brush. In the smaller scales, a paintbrush would more than do justice to the pattern. For crying out loud, it's only a collection of rough, distorted rings!! It's the overall effect which makes it look complex or difficult to achieve; look at an individual 'ring' on the full size bird, and it's very plain - even the edges are almost 'hard', unlike some of the softer Luftwaffe mottles or waves.

Dan I looked @ Hase ST 17 BF 109 out at Joe's place the other day and it was friggin 74 bucks I just paid $40 for mine some 6-8 months ago.Well as noted before some color changs were to come into play on the engine bearers and the oil can? behind the engine they appeared to be incorrect.Now that I have looked at those engine struts through a photo some flat is in order there also.If you notice the first of what little plumbing I am going to do appears off the top of the engine and down behind the strut.I will be adding a few more lines just to busy it up a bit.I am very very close to glueing the engine in place just a couple more tweeks to the fit here and there and its a done deal and off to the wings.just wanted to let you guys know I have not shelved the Infamous MC 205.Cheers Kevin

Attachments

• G10 005_edited (800 x 416).jpg
    G10 005_edited (800 x 416).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 304
  • G10 006_edited (800 x 450).jpg
    G10 006_edited (800 x 450).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 287

Users who are viewing this thread

Back