1/48 Me 410A-1/U-2 Dietrich Puttfarken - Me/FW Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Revell
Model Type: Messerschmitt Me-410 B-2
Aftermarket addons: CMK Engine/Wheel Well Set, Possibly Eduard Belts and aftermarket decals.

This will be one of possibly two entries in this GB for me. The title has a "provisional" in it as I have not yet fully decided on a scheme. At the moment I've chosen 3U+AB of Stab I/ZG 26 (one of 3 schemes provided in the kit) while I wait for reference material in the form of the book on the Me210/410 by Petrick and Stocker which unfortunatley is delayed for another 2-3 weeks. Suggestions are welcome. Paul (Maximowitz) has already suggested 9K+MN from Dietrich Puttfarken of II./KG 51 but there's nothing in the way of reference pics to our knowledge.

In the meantime, let's take a look at this kit which I believe is a rebox of the Pro-Modeller kit with different decals. Below are all the parts shaken out which thankfully arrived from England with no damage. The decals looks pretty nice but no swastikas are provided which shouldn't be a problem as I have lots of spares (I think!).

110429 Box Contents.jpg

Close-up of the wing showing fine details:

110429 Details Panel Lines.jpg

Radio console and various cockpit bits follow. I'm very impressed with the molded details, especially on the radio stack. The only negative I can say about the quality of the molds is that there's a fair amount of flash which I don't consider a big deal.

110429 Details Radio.jpg

Here's a close-up of the guns. Note the hollowed ends on the barrels (nice - won't need my drill!)

110429 Details Guns.jpg

Here are some of the resin parts from CMK which are not too bad at all. Not as nice as the Aires detail set but, at a third of the price, I'll make 'em do! I'm aware that most pics show that 410's on the ground have their gear doors closed but this makes the area kinda boring. I'll therefore build the gear doors open with the wells visible.

110504 Resin Parts.jpg

I'm looking forward to starting this soon but don't want to get too far ahead until the book arrives. Pics soon I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if you know but I did this for the Reich build 2 years ago. Check the thread, might help. And if its Pro-Modelleor watch out!! :)

Love the 410.

Excellent - my favourite bird atm.

I have the Revell B2/U4 in my stash but am waiting until I can do it justice - so will be watching this keenly (and reviewing the Reich build too :D)

I too have this kit sitting in my stash since two weeks or so, so it'll be very interesting to see what happens during this build and what problems you run into that need fixing in therms of fit etc. I'll keep a close eye on this thread.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Wurger
With all here Andy. But watch out, Maximowitz keeps an eye on the build.

I would liike that actually. I always welcome input from the experts so bring 'em on!

At your service Andy! I think I own every book about the '410 ever printed, and I'm sure you've noticed the wealth of information over on the LEMB.

It should be one hell of a build! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back