1/48 Me 410A-1/U-2 Dietrich Puttfarken - Me/FW Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy could that be the mount for the Revi on top of the insrument panel ?

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 174
Make that a 5th arrangement! I've not seen that drawing before Karl - thanks for posting. That center instrument cluster was not always there and I've left it off my machine so there's no way to mount the Revi there. The most compelling case I've seen is the Revi mounted on a bracket going to the right windscreen frame.

Yes! But not sure what the cross bar and mount on the upper part is for. There was an experimental set up with a rear-facing periscope that went nowhere and maybe this is the set up for that. But the Revi mount looks like the one I want.

Thanks a lot Karl! What reference is that from?

Here's part of the pic of the Cosford bird Andy - it was too big to fit all of it on my scanner - but there isn't a gun sight in place!
However, I found this cutaway drawing (again too big to scan complete) in a book Evan kindly sent me. The Hungarian text describes the sight as the Revi C/12D, and it seems to be mounted on angular brackets coming off the vertical windscreen frames, thus being clear of the red handle, which I presume is the canopy jettison lever (can't quite make out the writing on it).
Don't know if this will help - or hinder?!?

Attachments

• Can Jan 616.jpg
    Can Jan 616.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Can Jan 617.jpg
    Can Jan 617.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 171
Thanks Hugh

from this, i think the other mount is the one for the upside down stuvi sight ???

Could be Karl but I don't think they would have combined the Stuvi and Revi. Maybe the diagram is intended to show optional installations.

Here's part of the pic of the Cosford bird Andy - it was too big to fit all of it on my scanner - but there isn't a gun sight in place!
However, I found this cutaway drawing (again too big to scan complete) in a book Evan kindly sent me. The Hungarian text describes the sight as the Revi C/12D, and it seems to be mounted on angular brackets coming off the vertical windscreen frames, thus being clear of the red handle, which I presume is the canopy jettison lever (can't quite make out the writing on it).
Don't know if this will help - or hinder?!?

Terry, thanks. I've seen that photo before in my various searches and I agree it shows no evidence of a gunsight mount so not much help. The red handle is indeed the jettison handle - yet another item I failed to install!

With the above info, I will go with the bracket attached to the right windscreen frame as that was my initial thought. Unfortunately this afterthought installation will be a bit tricky unless I pry off the windscreen which I may yet do. Thanks fro your help guys.

Here's some pics from Kenneth A. Merrick's 'German Aircraft Interiors 1935-1945 Vol.1' Andy.
First pic Me 210, 2nd and 3rd Me 410.

STA52877.JPG

STA52878.JPG

STA52879.JPG

Comment for no.4: Revi C 12D gunsight or Stuvi 5B bombsight

Last edited:
Your build is lookin tops. Speshly after the "mishsp". It's always a good feeling to come out of these things successfully.

Yes, Bill, it's a relief that I got away with realtively little damage. Could have been much worse. Thanks for the comments.

Evan, great stuff. I've not seen the first pic before and the other two show the Stuvi site for bombing, both pics of which I have in references. However, the mount is similar in all 3 pics and that's what I'll now proceed with.

Last night I managed to carefully remove the windscreen to make this step a lot easier to complete. Testors clear parts cement has just enough tack to firmly hold these parts in place but does make for relatively clean removal.

Thanks once again everyone. Sounds like you have a fine Project Management career ahead of you Cory! You sound like what's known in the business as a "Seagull" - never around until there's some free food, then show up and sh!t on everyone before you b*gger off again! :lol:

To that end, I present below the revised canopy complete with new gunsight and grab handles. Now, I had a set of progression pictures stored on my camera up to an hour ago when I glued everything back together and then, with my mind only half focused on the task, made the mistake of deleting everything off the camera before I uploaded the pics to my hard drive. As Geo said "Dufus, dufus, dufus"! So what I present below is the finished windscreen - sorry 'bout that!

Pic 1 shows a shot into the front of the pit. Immediately evident are the two grab handles made of 26 ga wire. Note that their placement is offset and not symmetrical, all in accordance with the real deal. Behind the handles and just above the stick is the gunsight hung from a scratch built bracket. Bewond that you can just make out the added red canopy release handle with a touch of white lettering on it.

Pic 2 shows the gunsight and mount through the glazing. The seam looks a bit messy here, having just been glued. I've since adjusted it a bit (after viewing this picture) and the gap has been fixed. Paint touch up is yet to be done. Sorry about the dust - the black really makes it stand out.

Pic 3 is similar to the above but at a slightly diferent angle to show the canopy release handle in red. I had some great shots of this but...well, you know.

So I'm on schedule to finish this project off this weekend (first time it's been on schedule actually!). Then it's off to Edmonton to the Western Canadian Regional show next Saturday where I hope to meet up with Cory the Seagull.

Attachments

• 120525 1.jpg
    120525 1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 120525 2.jpg
    120525 2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 120525 3.jpg
    120525 3.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread