1/48 Nieuport 17 - From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure if I've posted these or not, got the painting done :) Took a while before hand, the Aluminium went on first, then the camo color for the flag.

I also finished up painting (thats right I went crazy on this one :D) the Tail with the flag as well :D instead of using decals (decals flaked on my second side application)

Aluminium first:

DSCN5372_zpse7064889.jpg

Then the flag colors, the center section where it is supposed to be white in the flag, was kept aluminium on the actual aircraft :)
DSCN5438_zps6acf5184.jpg

Same with the bottom portion of the fuselage and the flag for the tail:
DSCN5685_zpsb5b3bc1d.jpg

Except the tail was filled in with white :)
DSCN5686_zps61ed546a.jpg

I'm so happy I got down to airbrushing before this cold spell hit, if I waited till now there was no chance this would get done :D

Hope you guys enjoy :)

P.S. If anyone has a diagram thats clear for rigging the Nieuport 17 you guys mind sending it to me ? :D Since after this virus on my comp, I'm missing a few reference materials :S

Its was the Canadian Police Fraud virus :S its pretty populer here in Canada, unfortunatley :( Its a pain to get out, it takes you sometimes days for your anti-virus to figure it out

I usually end up removing it manually, it randomises its name in the sub folders so its hard to find unless you know exactly what files are in your system. Or one of the anti virus/anti spam scans catches it.

Nice paint work Igor keep it coming.

This has not turned into a weather thread, ok lets go and get close to finishing her :D I must finish her before the poll goes up :D
Looking good with the masks off :
DSCN5730_zps20202e0f.jpg

Futured and decals applied :) I had some problems with the upper wing decals that I'll resolve today and post tomorrow :) for the Type 17 script. The bottom green Nieuport Type 17 script came out great :D
DSCN5951_zps1ebafa79.jpg

Finally the prancing horse, I did both decals as per the photo resources I had of Baracca's Nieuport 17, not a lot :) but it came out great :D Eduard decals are really amazing, you don't even need to add the microsol and set, but I did, just a touch.
DSCN5729_zps9170fd4c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back