1/48 Nieuport 17 - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Igor, good job, you commenters a technique I use for photoetches, I guess you will know the stripper copper plumbing (which is used to weld copper), as this will give the joints stick with the normal 0.5mm Pencil Tin electronics, was applied by the board so that the stripper tin makes the board run by sealing it doing that is uniform, the excess tin while still warm a small movement jumps and runs the fair, so do not see the glue.
just a comment because your work is good

I've been letting down the updating on this one, but thanks all for the tips, Sergio I might have to use that for rigging, since my current attempts have been a bit of a let down with the super glue and epoxy :D we'll see shes almost done atm so I hope I'll be able to paint everything and finish it soon :)

1. putting together with some putty
DSCN5095_zps0299019e.jpg

2. Bottom puttied up and sanded before hand:
DSCN5098_zps18e5c67f.jpg

3.Side shot of the wing root puttied, its pretty well glued together with just a small gap,
DSCN5106_zps1a81349c.jpg

4.Double checked everything with some silver paint:
DSCN5132_zps7b972ade.jpg

5. Above angle shot of the tail
DSCN5135_zps15f56724.jpg

6.Top shot of the wings and other pieces(done in aluminium the other day) and protected going into the booth for their Italian Flag colors:
DSCN5372_zps6847c5d6.jpg

7.Finally the body is ready to go into the booth and get that aluminium sprayed on.
DSCN5373_zps0c63403f.jpg

Phew thats it for now, :D Thanks for checking it all :)

Great work! I already copied and pasted your lesson on the wood grain for future reference. Looking forward to seeing the next update.

Thanks all for the kind remarks :)

Unfortunatley I got hit with a big bug on my main comp so itll take me a bit to get her off, I'm using the older laptop ive got and shes a bit tempermental, sometimes works sometimes doesnt.

I might be a bit slow on posting so please excuse me :( it takes a couple minutes to boot up this computer and getting onto the internet is another wonder :S let alone browsing web pages but at least im still on :D
I'll get an update asap Thank you all for the kind words :)

Thanks all for the kind remarks :)

Unfortunately I got hit with a big bug on my main comp so it'll take me a bit to get her off, I'm using the older laptop I've got and shes a bit temperamental, sometimes works sometimes doesn't. :)

Just don't forget the "restore" function, if push comes to shove....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back