1/48 SB2C-4E Helldiver, White 80 of VB-85, U.S.S. Shangri-La

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good evening mates, a small update regarding canopies, engine cowling, turtle back and engine.

The canopies have been cleared up, had a bath into future, masked using Montex masks and painted inside.

Engine Cowling........
Kit's one...

I cut carefully the kit cowl flaps and glued the metallic ones from Part

...and i started to put the opening mechanisms...

Painted, washed, weathered and dry fitted to get an idea...

turtle back...

Engine, even if i had the Vector R-2600 i decided to build the kit one because it was questionable if the vector one would fit into the cowling.

So i painted it with a medium grey, dry brush with Rub n' Buff...

...painting some details with chaos black from citadel and i started placing the ignition cables (?) from .3 lead wire.

And the final outcome...

It is not a Vector but i thing it is a good competitor!!!
Cheers,

John

Good evening guys, long time to see!!!
Anyway, considering my limited modelling time i have made a little progress with the beast. After many dry fits in order to achieve the right dihedral angle i managed to glue the wings to the fuselage. I had to solve 2 minor problems, one with a little gap underneath and a small ''step'', both sides, on the upper side.

I glued the elevators and it got some shape!! I also put the machine gun muzzels at their position, and some PE details from Eduard and Part underneath. Also you can see that the step disappeared.

After that the great serial named ''PE Flaps'' started. Here Part won the contract with its amazing detail and engineering. Guys those flaps are like the original ones in 1/48th scale! But lots of small, tiny parts. You have to be really calm and patient to do the job!!

And the bomb racks all dressed up with PE

This is where i am for the time being, next chapter, glue the dive flaps and painting (hopefully!!!)
Have a nice evening and weekend

John

Users who are viewing this thread