1/48 scale Revell B17-G Crash Landing Diorama

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fighter Jock

Airman
Oct 8, 2010
I got an old 1/48 scale Revell B-17G for Christmas this year and I've always wanted to build my own version of Shepard Paine's crash landing diorama. I have a book in my collection called "Strangers in a Strange Land" it's about allied aircraft captured by the Germans in WW2. It has a lot of pictures of crashed B-17s with Luftwaffe personnel and vehicles. I'm planning to do a diorama like that I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

B-17_1_zpse3e7fce0.jpg

This is the diorama by Shepard Paine

I'm thinking about getting this to use as the vehicle in the diorama, that way I get both the car and some figures.

header_89731_zps28a6a349.jpg

_57_zpsd0ca40e4.jpg

I have a few pictures to post of the plane I don't have the staff car and figures yet and I need them to start on the base. I'm planning to have the plane crashed in a farmers plowed field somewhere in occupied France. Having just torn the starboard outer wing panel off in a stand of trees. I still need to do a little more weathering to the plane yet but it's just about done. Now all I need is the car and figures so I can finish this project up.

DSCN4459_zps0da20b1b.jpg

DSCN4465_zpse52f7101.jpg

DSCN4462_zps02ac3e1d.jpg

DSCN4463_zps034a0ef3.jpg

DSCN4464_zps9f501375.jpg

I'm thinking about making the base look like this picture.

440411neksoeb17_zps9568e2f1.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm still waiting for the 1/48th scale Citroen kit to arrive at my LHS I have started on the ground work though adding a couple of intact trees and some torn up ones. I will try to post more pictures next week of what I have done on the base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back