1/72 DFS Kranich - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Wayne!
They're good, but expensive, and often too large for smaller 1:72 aircraft.

Progress:
Major cockpit framework in place. Next step clean up and scratchbuilding floor, bulkheads, rear fuselage framework, and flight controls.

Pics:
-WIP...halving 0.25 x 0.5 mm Evergreen strips...
-Sneak preview - detail pics when scratchwork completed.

STA51918.JPG

STA51919.JPG

STA51920.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers guys, sure is fun... (...did you notice the sarcasm?). A real test of the patience and nerves, but if it turns out as I plan, it will be worth the effort.

nice work Evan have your eyes un crossed yet from working with such tiny pieces ????

Speaking of which, seriously guys have you ever been focusing in on some small detail and all or a sudden your eyes just, how can I explain it, vibrate or jiggle back and forth like they are "resetting" or something? Weird. Happens to me all the time since I can't remember when. Anyone else?

Cheers for the comments guys, much appreciated!

Been airbrushing some other kits last couple of days, so back into the Kranich tonight.

Jim, I was a professional solderer for 10 years, soldering micro components under the microscope. Especially during my years on the repair line, averaging 250 phones/ 8-hour shift, I would occasionally get a painful tunnel vision all of a sudden. Sometimes I couldn't see again properly for about 20 minutes.
What we had to do now and again was stop for a minute, and 'exercise our eyes' - blink a few times, and look up, down, left and right, concentrating on the corners of the room to get the focus back.

When soldering, I still use a microscope whenever possible, but for modelmaking the 'Mk.I eyeball', just checking work with the magnifying glass now and again (constant use gives me headaches)

Very nice Evan :thumbright:
Jim, that happens to me once in a great wile.. I just rub my eyes, keep them closed for half a min and it goes away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back