1/72 Dragon Sd.Kfz184 Ferdinand [Kursk Group Build] (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lets be fair I haven't had to drink to get mine built either. :p So far this one has just fallen together. I say that know knowing I haven't touched the tracks yet :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about the tracks. Thats a big question mark. I don't have fond memory's of them from when I use to make these kits as a kid. Could work out fine with my modeling skills having improved somewhat over the last 30 years, or in could be a total disaster. Maybe a diorama of a disabled Tiger with the tracks blown off! :lol:

Found a few pics on Achtungpanzer, ww2incolor and imageshack......

Attachments

• Ferdinand-01.jpg
    Ferdinand-01.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 134
  • Ferdinand-02.jpg
    Ferdinand-02.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Ferdinand-03.jpg
    Ferdinand-03.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 96
  • Ferdinand-04.jpg
    Ferdinand-04.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Ferdinand-05.png
    Ferdinand-05.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Ferdinand-09.jpg
    Ferdinand-09.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Ferdinand-08.jpg
    Ferdinand-08.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Ferdinand-07.jpg
    Ferdinand-07.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Ferdinand-06.jpg
    Ferdinand-06.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 110
One color drawing...
(Source: Squadron-Signal Publication)

Attachments

• Copy of Squadron-Signal - Panzer Colors III - Markings Of The German Panzer Forces 1939-45_Page_.jpg
    Copy of Squadron-Signal - Panzer Colors III - Markings Of The German Panzer Forces 1939-45_Page_.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 192
Here are couple of Ferdinand pictures from that same book....

It's interesting to note that Ferdinands of PzJagAbt. 654 at Kursk, alonside the tactical and national markings, also displayed white "N" on the front of left mudguard. Letter "N" denoted Major Noak, the battalion commander. This can be seen on the color drawing I posted earlier same as on one of the pictures Njaco posted on previous page of this thread.

Attachments

• Copy of Squadron-Signal - Panzer Colors III - Markings Of The German Panzer Forces 1939-45_Page_.jpg
    Copy of Squadron-Signal - Panzer Colors III - Markings Of The German Panzer Forces 1939-45_Page_.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 141
If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.
Ferdinand Porsche

I painted this the other night using RLM79 (Sandgelb) the closest color I had to the actual color. It didn't look to bad but I decided it was a little two dark so it was off to the LHS I went. I came back with a few goodies some of which was some Panzer paint. Panzer red Brown, Panzer Olive Green and Panzer Dark yellow. The dark yellow looks a lot better .

IMG_3453.jpg

Next I'll be moving onto the wheels

Alrighty guys. It's been a little more then three weeks since I've been able to sit and do some modeling but I'm feeling rested, refreshed and ready to press on with all projects. I'm going to start off with the Ferdinand. Since I last left you I've painted and assembled all the wheels. 32 pieces made up 12 road wheels and 4 sprocket wheels.

IMG_0111.jpg

Next i started the camouflage paint scheme. This was rather easy using some Panzer Olive Green paint. For my first attempt I'm pretty happy with it.

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Next I installed some of the fiddly bits like the head lights, storage box on the right side of the hull and the brace that holds the gun in place. Not much but its a start. Soon i'll tackle the tracks, fenders and weathering.

IMG_0112.jpg

oohhhhh, should have put the tracks on and THEN the fiddly bits as I'm sure the swearing will be taken up a notch!

Freaking great camo job! Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back