1/72 Dragon Sd.Kfz184 Ferdinand [Kursk Group Build]

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That looks terrific Dirk, especially for such a small scale. Great job. Agree with Chris about the tracks though....heavy swearing incoming, take cover !!!

The last few weeks I got to complete some more work on the Ferdinand

Time to paint us some tracks. Here are the colors I started with. Dark Sea Blue, Flat Black and a dash of Panzer Red Brown.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Painting the rubber track sucks. After about a week the paint was still tacky.

Once the basic track color was achieved it was time to weather it a bit. To do this I made a bit of a slurry wash . For this I went back to the Panzer red brown and some tinner. I made it extra thin. This allowed the mixture to seep down past the tracks and into the track links.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Next using some Model Master steel I attempted to create the wear on the track from driving over roads and rocks. This was done by dry brushing the steel over the high parts of the tracks. Next time I will make sure the prush is even dryer. :confused:

IMG_0256.jpg

Using some CA glue I attached the tracks. I keep hearing people complain about this part of building armor but for me this went without a hitch.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Now in the case of the Ferdinand, the tracks rest on the top of the road wheels. So I went back to the CA glue and applied some to the middle three wheels and then held the track in place with some folded cardboard.

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Till next time thanks for looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back