1/72 McDonnell-Douglas A-4K Skyhawk - Your Favourite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As promised, for your delight and amusement, my ... ahem .. er .... somewhat dusty prop clock. It's correct twice a day, at 06.15 and 18.15 hours - foolproof !
And now, back to our scheduled programme ....

Attachments

• Can Jan 600.jpg
    Can Jan 600.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 80
  • Can Jan 602.jpg
    Can Jan 602.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 60
Nice Terry..what's she from?
(That's one of your paintings on the wall too isn't it? Looks great!)

Air intakes (very) slowly progressing, pics up when the camera wants to behave itself and focus properly (poor light today)
Apologies for my own lack of focus here too, got a few other deadline projects on the go, dividing time to each as best I can.

Thanks chaps.
Evan, it's a glass fibre moulding, taken from the prop on my mate's Tipsy Nipper about thirty years ago. He only made four, far as I remember, with the intention of marketing them (mine is the 'prototype', and hung in the clubhouse for many years), but it was too labour intensive for the retail price he would have had to set at the time. Today, that price would be peanuts!
Yes, that's one of my paintings, oils on canvas, approx 24 x 30 inches.
Looking forward to the next stages with the A4.

Did it house a movement at one time? (I kinda tinker with watches so it gave me a idea) or is it just "for show"?

It used to work Igor, using a typical Keinzel quartz movement. I actually have a new Keinzel unit to fit into it, but haven't got around to doing it yet, mainly due to my disability getting much worse lately - can't reach the bl**dy thing up on the wall!
It could also benefit from some better hands - just like me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back