1/72 McDonnell-Douglas A-4K Skyhawk - Your Favourite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers for the comments and advice guys!

I've tried a few different types of tube putty over the years, including Tamiya, Squadron Green, Italeri, Revell, and other products, depending on what was available at the time and place. Most have good and bad points, some are just terrible (though in saying that, who knows how long a product has been sitting on the shelf when we bought it..?)

Of all I've used however, the best so far (for filling large areas and building up forms) is Molak Stucco tube putty, made in Italy, and for filling panel lines etc, Wojtek's melted sprue mix. Wojtek's mix may also be good for larger areas, but haven't tried it yet.

Mike, I do want to try this. I don't like seeing kits wasted (have a collection of 'scrap' kits for parts/ restoration), and I enjoy a challenge. Hope she turns out alright! :)

Games workshop have a product that you paint on. I have it at home. I call it "Green Sh*t" but that isnt the name. I can find out if you are interested. Its pretty good at 1/72, as you can apply it with a brush....water soluble, about 3 minutes drying time, easily sanded, consistent, fairly strong, very easy to apply. You would apply this as multiple coats to the roughed out wing IMO to smooth and hide the laminated layers you add with terry's method.

Citadel 'Liquid Green Stuff' is it's name, I just asked my son who uses it on his warhammer figures.

on his work bench right now....and painting..

and the green stuff!

Attachments

• Aarons figures_in progress.jpg
    Aarons figures_in progress.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Green Stuff_0370.jpg
    Green Stuff_0370.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The only advice i would give if you do use the green stuff is keep the lid on. it goes off really quick

Man I remember when I used to do warhammer, then 40k when my cousins got interested in it :D hehehe (I still have 1-2 units and a artillery piece I should finish lol) I went by the shop yesterday and they've come out with lots of new painting/priming/putty products in the last couple years since I was last there. Is the green putty any good? (like what properties does it have, when it drys is it more of a wet sanding job?)

His Space Marines look great, I bet his Tanks look awesome in that color scheme :D (more photos please, I'll pm so I don't hi jack Evans thread :D)

Last edited:
Do you guys fight over the airbrush?

Nice looking work and you'll have to keep an eye open over your left shoulder Wayne.

Nah, he has his and I have 3 airbrush sets, they are all the same 1 set is actually the spare back up for the others, got them all pretty cheap and they work pretty good so far.

Mike... :lol:

Thanks everyone, and sorry to keep ya's waiting! This is going to be the norm for a while yet unfortunately, will keep at this when I can though.

Really not much to show as it is, but hopefully better than nothing:
Instrument panel coaming cut out and cockpit clean-up finished (that sink mark will be covered when detailed), and first 3 air vents being opened and hollowed out (unfinished as yet). Pic 4 shows how they should look.

Please be patient with me here, she'll be worth the wait if all goes to plan.
Evan

STA52452.JPG

STA52453.JPG

STA52454.JPG

STA52455.JPG

STA52456.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back