1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-4B Phantom II, Jolly Rogers – Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great airplane and some well done nose mods. I am not crazy about the flag on the tail. I always liked the all black tail, like this:

VF84-2.jpg

But it is your model, just my humble opinion.

The weather is starting to change here and there is lots of outside projects that need to be done before winter. So there wasn't a lot of modeling. By the time I did sit down I was to tired and lacked motivation. That said here is what I got done.

I trimmed the IR sensor on the Phantom. Removed the tab being pointed at in the photo

IMG_2290.jpg

I then masked the 4 part canopy and installed.

IMG_2292.jpg

Then I shot some of the interior color onto the window frames. Once the frame work dried the model was given a coat of white primer.

IMG_2293.jpg

Been too tied up with the Halifax project to follow the builds in this GB, but that's looking good so far Dirk. Like Matt, I've built many Phantom kits, and love that bent-winged bird.

You have my sympathies about other committments. Mine is building a new house. I can honestly say I would much prefer to be building my Venom than building new fences and laying footpaths. Life just sucks sometimes.....

Sharp build and quick, very nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back