1/72 Me 210 2N+AT ZG.8

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The only cockpit shot I have is a 410 and the instrument panel is partly obscured. I can post if needed. The crashed machine also appears in Vasco's Sting of the Luftwaffe.

Spot on Wurgermeister. I think this is the crate that had brake failure on landing and ended up halfway through a wall.

Good memory master of the butcher bird!

Yep the pics were in Chris' Me 410 thread in the Defense of the Reich group build - page 5 post 68 to be precise. :)

WHEW! Okay, it's close but the crate that hit the brick wall was 2N+LT so the AT is safe and I don't need to worry about building a brick wall diorama! :lol:

I don't have access to 210/410 books by Petrick, Mankau and Stocker. I do have a copy of the Petrick/Dabrowski Zestorer Me 210 book. I found two shots of the rear cabin in there but nothing of the rear port side or of the front cabin.

Attachments

• Me210_rear2.jpg
    Me210_rear2.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Me210-rearpanel.jpg
    Me210-rearpanel.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
You know Dwight if you ever notice the Germans always had alot of wire floating around but when you think Allied A/C it really was a minimum it seems??Probably wrong on my part I am sure someone will produce a pic of an Allied plane :) I built the 410 in 1/72 from some company that's elluding me right now that used masterkit w/PE as part of it's marketing sweet kit and nice lines for a plane.Cheers Kevin

Hope this helps, it's from German Aircraft Interiors 1935-1945 Vol 1

Attachments

• Me 210 ammo bins.JPG
    Me 210 ammo bins.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Me 210 Pilot Right.JPG
    Me 210 Pilot Right.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Me 210 Pilot left.JPG
    Me 210 Pilot left.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Me 210 front comments.JPG
    Me 210 front comments.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Me 210 front.JPG
    Me 210 front.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Me 210 ammo loading.JPG
    Me 210 ammo loading.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 107
  • Me 210 rear starboard.JPG
    Me 210 rear starboard.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 108
  • Me 210 rear.JPG
    Me 210 rear.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 101
You know Dwight if you ever notice the Germans always had alot of wire floating around but when you think Allied A/C it really was a minimum it seems??Probably wrong on my part I am sure someone will produce a pic of an Allied plane :) I built the 410 in 1/72 from some company that's elluding me right now that used masterkit w/PE as part of it's marketing sweet kit and nice lines for a plane.Cheers Kevin

Kevin, it wasn't the Eduard Profipack was it? That and the fine molds Me 410's are the ones that I have. I've also purchased a bunch of aftrmarket stuff for those kits as well, including a brass turned gun barrel for the 75mm equipped version. :)

Let me know if you need anything copied from it mate -I've got it!

Thanks Evan. :)

Last edited:
WHEW! Okay, it's close but the crate that hit the brick wall was 2N+LT so the AT is safe and I don't need to worry about building a brick wall diorama! :lol:

No, you don't have to worry about the brick wall.

It's far worse than that.

Werknummer 071 Me 210 A-1 2N + AT 9./ZG 1 100% Destroyed, 4th December 1942. Aeriel Combat Near Faid.

You'd better start working on the 1/72 scale funeral pyre to go with it.

No, you don't have to worry about the brick wall.

It's far worse than that.

Werknummer 071 Me 210 A-1 2N + AT 9./ZG 1 100% Destroyed, 4th December 1942. Aeriel Combat Near Faid.

You'd better start working on the 1/72 scale funeral pyre to go with it.

:lol: Does that mean that I need to insert a couple of firecrackers inside the fuselage and set them off to simulate the mid air explosion? Getting a pic of that is going to be tough - not to mention dangerous!

Maybe I should have stuck with the brick wall! :lol:

Last edited:
Ah well, at least it has a bit of history attached to it that we know.

I think I saw in a previous post that you have a Fine Molds Me 410 in the stash? I have some info on a rather interesting 410 that crashed in England during 1944 if you are interested?

Ah well, at least it has a bit of history attached to it that we know.

I think I saw in a previous post that you have a Fine Molds Me 410 in the stash? I have some info on a rather interesting 410 that crashed in England during 1944 if you are interested?

Actually I have TWO Fine Molds Me 410 AND an Eduard Profipack 410 as well. The 410 is one of my favorite birds. :)

I'ld love to hear about the 410 that crashed! What's the story?

Last edited:
The story concerns a chap called Mike Harrison who is doing some research about his uncle who was a member of the aircrew of a Halifax that was shot down in 1944.

Ironically the Halifax was shot down over its own base airfield after returning from a bombing raid over Germany. Mike has been doing very well in unravelling the story and has kindly shared his findings with me.

The Halifax was shot down by an intruder from 6./KG 51 crewed by Lt Wolfgang Wenning and Uffz Gustav Delp...they were quite a team it appears. If that intrigues you pm me with an email address and I'll supply the whole story, the crash report, the recovery report and contemporary documents of the incident.

Well this one is starting out with a fizzle .... :lol:

I opened up the Aires Set to start trimming the resin parts and found that two of the resin pieces were busted. They aren't little fiddly bits either which I would have just blown off - but the rear floor piece was broken in half along a very weak thin seam and one of the rear cockpit pieces was also broken. It was just molded way too thinly apparently. Everything else is intact though.

Not to worry, I have contacted Aires and they are sending me replacements out on Jan 4. It's going to slow things down which is NOT what I wanted. I'm going ahead with everything else and get the forward cockpit tub trimmed and painted and the rear side wall units done. And as a fallback, I am ALSO going to work on the original cockpit tubs just in case the Aires replacement parts don't arrive quickly enough.

Bad news about the resin parts Dwight. I hope they arrive (and work) alright.

I'm kind of surprised because usually it's the tiny fiddly bits that come off the casting blocks. In this case, It was a good sized piece that just split in two. At least the split is at a point where I can try to rejoin it and there are attachment points for the floor on either side of the break. The other piece has to be totally replaced though.

I've got a back up plan just in case. :)

I'm more concerned about the time delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back