1/72 Savoia-Marchetti S.55X - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wojtek, I've just had bad luck trying to "cut" through such plastic plus the hard high carbon steel blades are brittle and can break with lateral pressure, still have the scar

Agreed. But each cutting with a such sharp tool requires our attention. Most of incidents occur because of incorrect holding of either the cutting tool or item we try to cut. Or just because of wrong operating with a tool.

Sorry. Been doing it all from my smart phone. :(

OK...

That was a cool video. Wish I could understand the audio from about 6 1/2 minutes to just after 9 it shows Balbo's squadron at the Chicago's world fair.

Jim try a plain hair dryer first. Over correct a bit then heat and release, heat and release increasing time or decreasing distance until it stays without springing back. Styrene melts at about 450F so it should start to soften at about 200F (water boils at 212F).

Not much work done, but the PE came along with a book and a disc with manuals.

20140518_195726.jpg

I agree. Still not entirely sold on a final version that would make it eligible for this GB. Evidently the 55X was modified to military standards after the propaganda flights and where still in service (in a reserve capacity) when the war broke out, but I would like some better photo evidence. Perhaps I should contact the Italian Air Force museum directly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back