1/72 Scale Aircraft Hangar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hola mi estimado amigo Jim!! :thumbright:

It is a very good work you are accomplishing with that hangar. Just what you say: Getting closer and closer ...
I send many greetings.

Saludos compadre! :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

20160724_162204.jpg

Ok, I cleaned up the right and left side walls and glued the red bracing to same. With this done, I could test fit the roof support structure and see where things need to be tweeked, and there are quite a few! However, I am very happy with results so far. Note that I decided to reverse the orientation of the whole roof structure by 180 degrees. The reason for this is to hide the lighting wires more effectively. Note the shoelace holding everything together!

20160724_210329.jpg
20160724_210403.jpg

Could not resist a couple of night shots to highlight the installed lighting. Note that roof is just laid on support structure and has yet to be perminently attached. Hope you enjoy.

20160917_184424.jpg

I secured the walls to the base by "crazy gluing" metal rods into the currigations of the original kit walls and then carefully measuring and drilling holes in the base to accept them. You have to work fast for obvious reasons, but don't worry if you don't get them in as far as you wanted, just clip the exposed ends to a length less than the thickness ofvthe base. Each wall has about four rods.

20160917_175431.jpg

By adding a veneer of brick, I pushed the back wall off of the cardboard floor of the hangar (as seen in the above photo, before correction). This was easily corrected by gluing a thin strip of scrap from the sheet that the base was removed from (same thickness), with the overhang being removed with an X-acto while the base was upside-down on my cutting mat. The same PH proper glue was used in this operation. Hang in there, more to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back