1/72 Vickers Virginia x - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She's looking good Bob and huge. Vickers was good a building the huge bi-planes, they were so frail but they served the British Empire between the two WW.

bob7366-1.jpg

bob7368.jpg

bob7369.jpg

bob7370.jpg

bob7373.jpg

bob7374.jpg

bob7371.jpg

bob7372.jpg

bob7375.jpg

bob7376.jpg

bob7377.jpg

progress this week showing the final main assembly of the wings and engines,also all the small parts were missing from the kit so i made some props and undercart as per the line drawings,the final pic shows the wheels being fitted ,these were built up using card and wood glue to the correct thickness and then shaped and sized,i have also started the rigging on this beast that is proving hard to get right due how much there is to do,

thanks for looking

bob7380.jpg

bob7382.jpg

bob7383.jpg

bob7386.jpg

bob7389.jpg

bob7390.jpg

more progress rigging now nearly complete and now its been given a coat of future ready for its decals,i'm very pleased with how its coming out as its structure is a lot stronger than i thought it would be,still loads to to,i plan to add the decals next and then give it a coat of matt varnish before adding more detail ,

thanks for looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back