1:720 Admiral Graf Spee - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I am very pleased with how things go. I believe this one will be better again then the KGV I did last year. But the hard part is still to come ;)
I am now reading the book "destruction of the Graf Spee". It really is a tragic and fascinating story. It makes me even more eager to build this. Will watch the movie tonight.

Guys, I need some help. As I said, I am making the graf spee in pre-war colours, so not the camo pattern as observed at Montevideo. According to whiteensign, the colour f the bridge-deck is "linoleum", or ACSM11. I don't know what that colour looks like. If I cannot find it I will make the bridge deck dark grey, like all horizontal steel deck parts, but maybe somebody amongst you can point it out to me?

Second question, on photo's it seems like that the Heinkel biplane on the Graf Spee is of a light grey colour, can somebody confirm?

Here's the answer to your first question and it shocked me. the arrow is RAL 8012 or ACSM 11,

1.jpg
2.JPG

The Linoleum ACSM11 is a kind of brown colour.

ACSM11.jpg

Regarding the Heinkel He-60 colours... the pre-war biplanes were painted with :

the fuselage and wing tops - the RLM02 Grau.
the undersides - the RLM65 Hellblau. However the RLM02 seems to be very likely too.
the floats - silver RLM01 Silber.
There was a wide band on the fin and rudder of the red colour with white disks and black swastikas on both sides.

the codes for He-60s in 1935 : 60+F91, 60+E81
from 1938 the Arado 196 prototype V2 and from 1939 Arado 196A-1

He-60.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! That whas what I found, some brown. I thought it was a mistake.

Wojtek, thanks for the picture of the Heinkel. Light grey, indeed. Will have to buy white paint for just two dots n the side. Ah well, that's life :)

Upper deck got it's first paint. Have to fix some errors, especially some edges that I messed up. But things are on the move again after a pause of a month or so.

Attachments

• IMG_20160319_161057338.jpg
    IMG_20160319_161057338.jpg
    697.8 KB · Views: 342

Users who are viewing this thread

Back