1/72nd bristol beaufort by frog

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
I've not had much time to myself for the last week and a half due to the extension but got to play last night,during some of the moving around i came across another box of old models needing restoring from when i was young with some interesting subjects inside one of them being this frog Beaufort.The model was badly damaged but savable using new parts i will rob from a spare frog Beaufighter i have in the collection,pics to follow shortly once i've downloaded them,thanks for looking

Look forward to seeing it Bob. I remember building the kit back in the mid 1960s, and being impressed with the quality, which was excellent for the time. Pity there's not a good kit, reasonably priced, in 1/48th scale.

Sounds good Bob, especially as Wojtek and I are planning a joint Beaufighter build in the near future...we'lll post a thread on that at the time.

Btw, let me know if you need any decals for her.

bob1164.jpg

bob1149.jpg

the kit really was in poor condition with many parts missing so using a spare frog beaufighter the parts were slightly altered and replaced as nessesary
bob1152.jpg

1stly she was striped of paint and filled and sanded to remove any damage to the main fuselage
bob1155.jpg

the tail rudder and tailplanes were replaced 1st and sanded to shape
bob1153.jpg

bob1157.jpg

detail was then added to the cockpit
bob1150.jpg

bob1162.jpg

then the replacement undercart and engines
bob1160.jpg

bob1165.jpg

finally the canopys were fitted once i was happy with the cockpit detail

now for the external detailing,i think i will finish this in far eastern camo and plan to look around to find which aircraft to finish her as,

thanks for looking

thanks chaps very kind,
bob1154.jpg

bob1151.jpg

bob1163.jpg

kite now in camo although the detailing is still left to do,at the moment i am sorting out some markings for her,i plan to try Terry's tip on using gloss varnish 1st before applying the transfers to see if i can get better results,

thanks for looking

the model does not look bad, look funny, everything I've read though I have not done is not speaking highly of the lace and I have been of great.
in the last photo is instructive that plane as well as possible long did it and I really liked assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back