11th September

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

People like us were killed , people like me. I am not exactly a saint and I don't know if they were, but they were not surely guilty for the reason why they were killed.

A tribute for them, from Meat Loaf:

Heaven can wait
And a band of angels wrapped up in my heart
Will take me through the lonely night
Through the cold of the day
And I know
I know
Heaven can wait
And all the gods come down here just to sing for me
And the melody's gonna make me fly
Without pain
Without fear
Give me all of your dreams
And let me go along on your way
Give me all of your prayers to sing
And I'll turn the night into the skylight of day
I got a taste of paradise
I'm never gonna let it slip away
It's all I really need to make me stay --
Just like a child again

Heaven can wait
And all I got is time until the end of time
I won't look back
I won't look back
Let the altars shine

And I know that I've been released
But I don't know to where
And nobody's gonna tell me know
And I don't really care
No no no
That's all I really need to make me stay
If I had it any sooner you know
You know I never would have run away from my home

Heaven can wait
And all I got is time until the end of time
I won't look backr
I won't look back
Let the altars shine

Heaven can wait
Heaven can wait
I won't look back
I won't look back
Let the altars shine
Let the altars shine

I was skateboarding on a big marble place called stalin (the place in Prague, where the statue of Stalin staned until 1953)

stalin_statue.jpg

sk8tour_08.jpg

I remember my dad called me and told me: "...some crazies crashed into skycrapers in NY...". I ran to see the nearest TV (it was in some café) and was shocked and than went home - whole family was sitting next to the TV and those horrible things were screened there again and again...

I was on the web in the morning when my sister sent me an AIM message and told me to turn on the news. I turned it just in time to see the second plane crash into the towers. I got angry, really angry. My wife and I watched in disbelief when the towers came down. When I got to work, it was a somber and quiet place. We watched the news on any available TV.

The one thing I really remember about that morning is that my son woke up in a really good mood, and I couldn't help but marvel at his innocence. He was about 4 months old at the time.

When I remodelled his bathroom that December, I left a couple of tributes and newspaper articles behind the medicine cabinet when I installed it. Someday, someone will find them. The first thing they will see is the big words "Never forget".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back