8.8 Earthquake strikes Chile

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

At this moment TSUNAMI Warning and Alert is ON everywhere around. First tsunami is arriving TV says.

Attachments

• 03_03_00_20100228093335.png
    03_03_00_20100228093335.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
You would think the Pacific, as deep as it is, with all of its underwater mountain ranges and trenches, would absorb a good portion of the force of a tsunami.

Anytime a huge earthquake like this happens and there are fatalities (which there always will be) it is tragic, but I think we can say we got off easy with this one. It could have been a lot worse. Thank goodness it was not...

Still my thoughts go out to anyone that was effected by this.

You would think the Pacific, as deep as it is, with all of its underwater mountain ranges and trenches, would absorb a good portion of the force of a tsunami.

Its mostly deep water, everywhere. Not even the undersea mountain ranges are far under the surface.

I saw this video in the local newspaper this morning. The tsunami hits OC! Its actually quite impressive seeing the waves come up the estuary, as we were having heavy rain and the river was swollen with runoff.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y6hDQnAYl0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back