A Dewoitine D.520 under Italian flag - From the Azur kit in 1:32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Back to my post #80..

My reference says that the equivalent for the FS 35189 Gris-bleu clair colour is Gunze H67. However I found the mix ... 85% H67 + 15% H11.

On another forum I found the mix..... for the Gunze C series.

grisbleuclair.jpg

I hope this can help.

Many thanks Wojtek for your informations.
For FS 35189 I also found that the equivalence could also be Tamiya AS-25, so today I went to the local shop and I bought both the Gunze and the Tamiya colours: I will do some test and try to find what will be the best one.
About the Italian web-side, I didn't knew it but it looks very interesting, thanks also for this suggestion.
Alberto

Many thanks waroff for your pictures.
I don't know if it is a light effect, but looking at the Tamiya model, it seems that under surfaces are "gris blue clair". I think I will use Gunze H 305 (FS 36118) with some white added; will see the result.
Alberto

OK, so Gunze H 67 is probably better for under side.
Many thanks to you for that link. I used Goggle to translate the German text in both Italian an English and I will study that carefully, because I also have all the other French colours to identify plus those used by Italian ground people to over-paint roundels etc.
Alberto

Hi,
started painting.
Not much to show because I just painted the underside surfaces with H67, colour looks right!

But I now feel in troubles because I cannot find a proper profile to do the camou.

Let me explain.
As I mentioned before I'm planning to replicate "Red 6", this one:
6 rosso dett res.jpg

The above is the only picture I found so far.
This is the profile, left side only, made by Marco Gueli, a real expert of Regia Aeronautica:
RA 6 rosso.jpg

so the profile should be 100% reliable, but it doesn't show right and top sides.
Profiles supplied with the kit are for "White 14" and are totally different:
018392 dx.jpg
018392 sx.jpg

The French serial number of the machine, retained by Regia Aeronautica, is 510 so it shouldn't be wrong to say that the camou is 1942 style, either this
mimetica 1942.jpg

or one of these:
mimetica 1942 bis.jpg

What do you think?
have you got any photo or profile with a camou similar to one I'm talking about?
many thanks in advance for any help!!!
Alberto

Many thanks for the answer.
I have in facts a number of B.W. pictures of Italian birds but the camou seems to be all times different.
Instead the link you suggested to the model done by Randy Lutz can be very helpful because the camou is very similar of mine.
In the mean time, I found two more pictures of "Red 6", unfortunately not very good in quality, that confirms that Marco Gueli's profile is correct.
6 rosso 3.jpg
6 rosso.jpg

Alberto

Great... these wing tops are seen quite good and there shouldn't be any troubles with making the camo. However I can see a couple of differences comparing to the Marco Gueli's profile.

Great... these wing tops are seen quite good and there shouldn't be any troubles with making the camo. However I can see a couple of differences comparing to the Marco Gueli's profile.

Thanks, I will double check before I start with the airbrush.
What I hope is that someone has got a picture of that bird when still in French hands.
Alberto

Not yet grabbed the airbrush in my hands, too busy with grandchildren and other matters, but at least I almost clarified my mind on a point.
After discussions on an Italian forum, 150GCT and an exchange of message with the talented Italian modeller Riccardo Trotta who did the same bird

https://www.google.it/search?q=riccardo+trotta&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ljMHU76dFsT4ygO8y4DYCQ&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=775#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=zc-aBFE9xEvDvM%253A%3Bo71PCeZK9zP8zM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.stormomagazine.com%252FArticles%252FRiccardoTrotta%252FD520%252FFoto-03_350.jpg%3Bh

I decided that the underside of engine cowling will be YELLOW not light grey!!!
Riccardo also helped me understanding the camou, so I have to tanks him twice.

Then we shall see if I will be able to put in practice what I learned ...
Alberto

Nice Alberto. However I'm still seeing a couple of mistakes at the rendition of the camo colours. The Trotta's model looks great but the shape of camo spots seems to be not too correct at a couple areas. It may be the way the pic was taken of course. But I'm not convinced that the Gris bleu foncé should be so dark.

Nice Alberto. However I'm still seeing a couple of mistakes at the rendition of the camo colours. The Trotta's model looks great but the shape of camo spots seems to be not too correct at a couple areas. It may be the way the pic was taken of course. But I'm not convinced that the Gris bleu foncé should be so dark.

Yes, thanks.
In facts I'm still planning to study the camou very well before I start painting.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back