A Dewoitine D.520 under Italian flag - From the Azur kit in 1:32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do you want make the riveting on entire fuselage and the wings?
do you need a riveting plan?

So far I only extended riveting from the resin nose, where it exist already, to the fuselage. I think it will be more visible when I will give a first coat of primer.
So far I haven't decided how far I will go, in case I know that your support is available, thanks for the offer.
At the moment I just finished to scratch-build new main landing gear legs and I'm fighting to address wing's dihedral in presence of heavily wrapped kit's wings.
Alberto

Moving forward on this bird as well
[/ATTACH]
DSCN0765.JPG

DSCN0762.JPG
DSCN0764.JPG

As you have seen some filling and sanding was needed.

Modified radiator:
DSCN0766.JPG

Modified wheel wells

DSCN0769.JPG

New landing gear legs made with brass tube, plastic tube and some parts form kit's items.

DSCN0767.JPG
DSCN0768.JPG

And finally the gun muzzle through the propeller hub.

DSCN0770.JPG

Some more filling and sanding here and there plus the front part of the canopy and I will be able to start painting.

My plan is to replicate this aircraft:

6 rosso dett res.jpg

View attachment 251882
RA 6 rosso.jpg

Worth of notice in the original photo is that the gun sight isn't the original OPL RX 39 but a different one, probably Italian or German: I will have to investigate a bit more on this subject.
Alberto

good work, Al

If the undercarriage legs are vertical, the wheels had a camber 10°

Very good point Waroff!
I based my assembly on this drawing

frontale edit.jpg

where a camber is shown for wheels but doesn't seems to be 10°.
I can remedy to this because I can replace axles with new ones.
One tricky thing in the Azur kit is that undercarriage legs are installed from inside the wings.

D 520C 6 mod 2.jpg

This will offer a very solid support and legs will be positionable until glue sets. The downside is of course that painting will be a bit more complicate eased by the fact that wheel wells and lower wing surface should be all the same colour: "Gris Blue Foncé"
In my case, legs are glued in "almost" vertical position and I need to see if I can adjust this.
Alberto

Did some more little progresses:

As I think I've mentioned above, a period photos of that bird shows that the original French gun-sight was replaced by an other one, probably Italian

6 rosso dett edit.jpg

So I tried to do the same using a San Giorgio I had in my spare box. Here three pictures, unfortunately not very clear:

DSCN0775 edit.jpg
DSCN0776.JPG
DSCN0784 edit.jpg

Also added wing-tip navigation lights made from solid transparent plastic drilled inside to simulate the bulb and filed to shape.

DSCN0777.JPG
DSCN0779.JPG

Finally I cut to shape and masked the vacu-formed front wind-shield:

DSCN0782.JPG
DSCN0783.JPG

Some more to follow a.s.a.p.
Alberto

Help!
I got a problem in understanding correct underside colour for my model.
According to the instruction I should use Gunze Mr Hobby H314 (FS 35622) but it looks too pale for me.
According a book on the subject, the correct colour should be FS 25189 ...

25189 vs 35622.jpg

In your knowledge, which one is correct? Or, may be the correct one is an other one?

Many thanks in advance
Alberto

According to my reference the colour for undersides should be FS 35189 that is the matt version of the semi-gloss FS 25189. The FS 35622 is close to the FS 34414 that is suggested being the cockpit interior for French planes. I think you might have been misled by the names of colours in French. The FS 25189 ( FS35189 ) is the Gris Bleu Clair ( the light blue-grey ) while the FS35622 ( FS34414) is the Gris Bleu Ciel ( the sky blue-grey ). Clair=Light while Ciel=Sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back