A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! It's such a relief to find that particular book after a year of searching - hunting - having copies snatched away from under my nose, as they seemed to get picked up as soon as the various dealers got them in their shops, and getting more and more irritated and frustrated!
And the danish publisher of Mr. Wellum's book don't print that many copies, simply because Denmark is a small country, it's limited just how many books they'll be able to sell, and printing small amounts of books is pretty expensive here.
And the publisher - Diorama - is a small company, so I think I've been very lucky in finding that book.
To top it off, it's a first edition, first printing in very good condition.

Next project:
Finding "Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe", Vol. 1, 2 3 - at a reasonable price!

Last edited:
Congrats on snagging that one Maria. I hope the translator did a good job of capturing Wellum's prose. "First Light" is a beautifully written book - one of my all-time favourites! I can also recommend "The Sky Suspended" written by a former Defiant pilot!

Two new additions to my library

It sounds like that one of my next models will not be an Italian bird ...
Cheers
Alberto

Dangit, y'all suck. Every time I read this thread, my Amazon cart just gets more and more expensive...they've got an entire server dedicated for my "wish list".

Traded a crime tech book with friend Christina, to the Angela Lambert book "Kvinden som elskede Hitler" - "The Lost Life of Eva Braun".

And I also borrowed an interview dvd from work, with my former (now deceased) colleague Poul Fjeldgaard, where he tells about his experiences as a young police officer during WW2, where he talks about when the danish police was captured on Sept. 19th, 1944 and sent off to the concentration camps Neuengamme and Buchenwald, before achieving status as POW and ending up in Stalag IV.
Highly fascinating stuff.
Tough stuff too, but it's good to hear how the danish cops stood together, pulled each other through and eventually survived - most of them.

Just ordered these two books....

"Combat Legends: Bf 109" by Jerry Scutts in hardback for..........67 cents!!!!!

and

"Luftwaffe 5: Bf 109 in the West 1937-49" by Michael Payne for $2.67 in paperback.

Attachments

• large.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 113
  • $(KGrHqMOKicE1782Qv+TBNfp1dPm0Q~~_3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 106

Users who are viewing this thread