A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's Green 9, I'm sure you know who flew this one!:D

haven't started reading it yet but i'm sure the will be mention of Willi Reschke, the Green 9 profile sure looks good!

I'm sure the new 1/32 Ta152H-1 from Zoukei-Mura will have markings for green 9?

That´s why this picture kicked me out...I saw it many times but never thought about it.
It seems as a real aicraft in a real flight...so just a photomounting of a model? Nice done.

Roman, I think the book cover is almost certainly digital artwork. Excellent stuff, now considered as avaition art. I'm not sure it should be, as, although the 'artist' has great skill in manipulating the computer, it's not the same as using a brush and paints! Maybe 'Aviation Art Techncian' would be a better description, rather than aviation artist?

I have JG 301/302 written by Willi that mentions his crash landing. I think I copied the article for you roman.

Yes, you sent me a caption of his remembrances on his crash landing on Aug 29, 1944. I do have this book too, but in German as I wanted the original version. I´ll use the article in our future web site project as I want to have the web in Czech, English and also in German language. It´s better to use the original English translation for this purpose than to translate it from German to my Czenglish:lol:
Did I send you pics of Willi´s meeting with my friend Joe (South Plainfield, NJ)?
If not, here are some http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/av...joe-owsianik-meeting-after-63-years-9298.html

Roman, I think the book cover is almost certainly digital artwork. Excellent stuff, now considered as avaition art. I'm not sure it should be, as, although the 'artist' has great skill in manipulating the computer, it's not the same as using a brush and paints! Maybe 'Aviation Art Techncian' would be a better description, rather than aviation artist?
You´re right Terry, excelent stuff! Anyway, do you also think that the pilot on this picture wears a new era helmet?

Shoots...He Scores! just got this in today....fantastic set of profiles....:D

Attachments

• Luftwaffe Fighter Aircraft_Claes sundin.jpg
    Luftwaffe Fighter Aircraft_Claes sundin.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 149
Harrison the 352nd fg assoc. is re-releasing the ever popular fighter group history for US 50.00 plus postage/shipping, worth it in every way, Osprey works is mediocre compared to this.

Can any of you guys recommend any good biographies on Erich Hartmann?
I've already read "Blond Knight of Germany", and much as I do respect Erich Hartmann for both his feats as a fighter pilot - he was the top scoring ace overall after all, and that does take one helluva pilot - and as a human being who survived the russian prison camps and came out a lot wiser, if not stronger (someone else might have to judge that) - I do tend to think that the Toliver/Constable book lacks a little in the way of a more objective view of the man.
So - any recommendations, guys?
*whispers*...I'm trying HARD to be diplomatic here, although I'd much rather be myself as usual. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back