A Queen question for our British cousins. (actually everyone, but them, mostly)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

American food?
If you mean bacon with a side of bacon, smothered in bacon, sprinkled with bacon bits with a delecate bacon sauce, garnished with bacon, and a deep fried twinkie for dessert,
That's just a snack.

Ewww...I prefer Italian, Mexican or Chinese to German food...

Having a large portion of German ancestry doesn't make me enjoy it at all (except the beer)...lmao

I also have heavy Scottish ancestry, and there's noway in hell I'd touch any of that haggis...at all...

And yep, still off-topic...lmao!!

Now food we can do..much more agreeable subject :)

Hungarian, Asian, or Mediterranean dishes, Swedish knackebrod, and Swiss, Dutch or Belgian chocolate.... mmmmm.....

I can find good food anywhere. I have been all over the world, and never found something I did not like.

My favs are:

Greek
Germany
Indian
Balkan

I also really love Turkish, Middle Eastern, Mexican...

And I do agree, I think off topic is probably the safest thing for this thread. :lol:

I'm gonna stick my neck out a long way here and say to my all my (very, very few) french ancestors and every single one of their many, many cousins and neighbors: Thank you for our freedom, but especially, thank you for inventing french food. Yummmm and the best tasting progeny it produced: Cajun. I too have been all over the world and rarely had a bad meal but Cajun is beyond compare (IMHO). Just as an after-thought, I wouldn't visit the British isles for the food. I'd go to the BI for many great reasons, but none of them gastronomic. Oh yes, Greek/Turkish food get's an honorable mention. Is there any way to cook lamb badly?

Last edited:
I'm gonna stick my neck out a long way here and say to my all my (very, very few) french ancerstors and every single one of their many, many cousins and neighbors: Thank you for our freedom, but especially, thank you for inventing french food. Yummmm and the best tasting progeny it produced: Cajun. I too have been all over the world and rarely had a bad meal but Cajun is beyond compare (IMHO). Just as an after-thought, I wouldn't visit the British isles for the food. I'd go to the BI for many great reasons, but none of them gastronomic. Oh yes, Greek/Turkish food get's an honorable mention. Is there any way to cook lamb badly?
My first wife could've found a way!
How's this for off topic; Pippa, Pistol Packin' Princess?
And.....GO!

'I wouldn't visit the British isles for the food. I'd go to the BI for many great reasons, but none of them gastronomic.....'

We are turned over in most restaurants Mal. High prices for nothing special...either the food or the service. You are better off cooking British food yourself.

My wife I's favourite place to eat and generally relax in is the The Cours Saleya Market in Vieux Nice, France.

Nice is a gem, and where we will retire too.

John

I think off-topic is the safest direction for this thread...

Give me some Asian, Middle-Eastern, or Italian food and I'm happy. Couldn't really enjoy the food when I've been to the States. Too much fried stuff. and whats with the chocolate-dipped bacon?
I think it's in the Bill of Rights,...Let's see... Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness, Chocotate-dipped Bacon,...Yep, sounds right to me!

I think off-topic is the safest direction for this thread...

Give me some Asian, Middle-Eastern, or Italian food and I'm happy. Couldn't really enjoy the food when I've been to the States. Too much fried stuff. and whats with the chocolate-dipped bacon?
There's a baseball park in Ohio, I think, that serves a bacon cheeseburger on a bun made of a sugar frosted doughnut!
Never tried it.
I like salads.
The beer keeps me fat enough!

Well, ML...there's something even more hideous that's popped up in the midwest, mostly at county fairs...it's a literally a stick of butter shoved on a stick, then deep-fried...and there's even a fast-food joint that offers a bacon milk-shake now.

I mean seriously...

Well, ML...there's something even more hideous that's popped up in the midwest, mostly at county fairs...it's a literally a stick of butter shoved on a stick, then deep-fried...and there's even a fast-food joint that offers a bacon milk-shake now.

I mean seriously...

Heart disease not an issue in America Dave?

John

I mean seriously...
O.K., I like bacon as much as any red-blooded nephew of Unkie Sam, but,....YUCK!
Got to agree with you there. Never mind the Butter-on-a-stick, that HAS to be the product of a Nebraska mind!

(Disclaimer, I love Nebraska and the fine folks that reside there. State name chosen for comedic value only, I mean,...come on, even people from Nebraska know a joke when they live in one?!)
(Further Disclaimer, The Management wishes to inform all that the views expressed, even for comedic value, does not reflect the views of the Management or it's Advertisers. Thank You for your continued patrionage.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back