Abandoned, Retired and Rusty Relics.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The abandoned Studebaker plant in Detroit. Rows and rows of engines that will never run...

2014-06-17-03-00-59--572159958.jpeg

More information about that airplane graveyard in Australia:

Ahh. I found the place by complete accident.
It was a holiday long weekend last weekend so we drove up country on Sunday, just for something to do.
We had lunch at a country pub (hotel) in a town called NAGAMBIE and drove on to another pretty little town, called HEATHCOTE about 30 miles way.
Nearing Heathcote, I drove around a corner and there were all these old planes sitting on the ground in a private property.

Here's more.

IMGP6387.JPG

Cessna C172 Remains

IMGP6386.JPG

IMGP6390.JPG

Fokker F28 Fellowship Airliner Fuselage

IMGP6394.jpg

A Beechcraft Queenair to the Left and the old DeHavilland Dove to the Right

There used to be DUKMs giving tours of the King Edward Dock and waterfront at Liverpool, for many years, until last summer. They were painted bright yellow, and operated under the banner of 'The Yellow Duckmarine' (!), a play on the Beatles song of course.
After a couple sank, they stopped operating !

For many years, the U.S. Forest Service operated a WWII vintage LSI on Trinity Lake over in Trinity County (neighboring county, here) and the thing was painted pink. Why pink? No one knows how that got started, but it was always kept that way.

They used to haul supplies across the lake and to haul flood timber and other water hazards out of the lake. They occasionally rescued tired and struggling deer out of the water during the deer's migration. (Deer used to migrate through the valleys before the lake was made, now they swim)

That old LSI was tired and had a habit of sinking whenever the mood struck it. Last I heard, it's sitting in about 20 feet of water near one of the service docks...it sank during one winter and they decided to let it stay :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back