Action movies....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bullitt, still the movie most car chase scenes aspire too. Kelly's Heroes, I'm still using lines from that, forty years on!
The Panzer Commander was Karl Otto Alberty, and I remember him as Jeshonnek (?) in the BoB, and in Battle of the Bulge, but can't remember the other movies titles.
The 'Bourne' movies were very good, better, or perhaps easier, than the books.
And there's one made with Brosnan, the last 'Bond', about a nuclear device being placed near a USAF air base in Britain. Can't remember the title, but it dates from I think the mid '80's, and still holds the attention.
Of course, there's always the old classic, a bit 'corny' now, but still very watchable, 'Where Eagles Dare'.
Woof! Woof!
That's my other dog impression!

Kelly's Heroes and Where Eagles Dare are great films. Fun to watch. Staying with Clint, you can't forget "Dirth Harry", one of the coolest movie characters ever!
I find that most of today's action movies are way too predictable and frankly a little boring. Most of them don't really stand out and are usually forgotten fairly quickly. I'll take "Dirty Harry", "Death Wish" or "Night Hawks" anyday. Saying that however, I'll always have time for some 80's action cheese like "Cobra" or "Highlander" :lol:

Kelly's Heroes and Where Eagles Dare are great films. Fun to watch. Staying with Clint, you can't forget "Dirth Harry", one of the coolest movie characters ever!
I find that most of today's action movies are way too predictable and frankly a little boring. Most of them don't really stand out and are usually forgotten fairly quickly. I'll take "Dirty Harry", "Death Wish" or "Night Hawks" anyday. Saying that however, I'll always have time for some 80's action cheese like "Cobra" or "Highlander" :lol:

Yes, Harry Callahan was one hell of a character. Loved how he could fire a .44 magnum with one hand without breaking his arm.

I love the Dirty Harry series, Clint Eastwood is my favourite actor :Smile: I love a good old car chase and a good shootout. And always remember this; muscle cars don't need wings to fly!

50's and 60's car chases are grand...! Big great looking cars with BIG growling V-8's that's the business! I love "Clints" spaghetti westerns, the good, the bad and the ugly, you know the kind....Django's alright too.

I wonder who's idea it was in the first place, to have cars explode like they in the movies, which they never or very seldom do in real life....:rolleyes: :lol:

And there's one made with Brosnan, the last 'Bond', about a nuclear device being placed near a USAF air base in Britain. Can't remember the title, but it dates from I think the mid '80's, and still holds the attention.

Brosnan became Bond only in 90s. The film you're talking about is "Octopussy"(1983) with Roger Moore as Bond, and the airbase by the way was located in Western Germany.:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm a Bond fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back