ADVICE

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
hi guys and girls

Thinking of doing the tamiya 1/48 fw190 a-3 now :oops:

but the only paints i have are the revell enamels.

i was thinking of using the colours i used for the stuka which the pics are on here, would they be ok:?:.
Also i have a revell grey for the cockpit. As it is just for my niece i think it should be okay. What do you guys think, your advice appreciated.

thanks Keith

It depends on the particular Wurger painting you want to make.So you need to find a colour profile or B&W pic of the Fw190 firstly.Fortunately Fw190 were painted with many camo schemes though there was the major RLM74/75/76 one for all of them and it is possible to fine the camo pattern which can fit to your Revell colours..

Maybe some Fw 190 used on the Eastern front? JG 54 is known for painting their aircraft with bomber camouflage patterns.

Edit: Here is one example... Not a Fw 190A-3 but still...

Attachments

• EDUARD__Fw_190A__49f2173de10ac.jpg
    EDUARD__Fw_190A__49f2173de10ac.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Maybe some Fw 190 used on the Eastern front? JG 54 is known for painting their aircraft with bomber camouflage patterns.

For bombers and fighters there were used different patterns rather. But if you meant colours for this you are right Igor.The JG54 had their FWs painted with RLM71/72/76 but most of them were later than A-3 version, Wurgers. But there are known A-3s of the JG51with the same camo scheme.

Attachments

• Fw190A3 3JG51 white6 1942.jpg
    Fw190A3 3JG51 white6 1942.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
thanks Worjtek

i found a A-3 in sand yellow and the belly is weissblau ( which i think is a light blue which i used on the belly of the stuka )

I see...the camo scheme was called the desert one.. Here an example of the RLM76/79 camo mottled with RLM80 very often.

Attachments

• Fw190A3_5JG2_November1942_RLM76-79-80.jpg
    Fw190A3_5JG2_November1942_RLM76-79-80.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Thats the one Worjtek.

i've been looking for the pic i saw of it.:oops: ( it was a tamiya fw 190 A-3 model pic i saw it on ) Now i will have to buy the paints for it:oops:

Thanks again Worjtek

Hi Guy's and girls

While searching for info on the FW190 D-9 i found these colours for a FW 190 for JG2 or JG26 :oops: So thinking of doing the sand yellow one for the Fw 19 A-3

Fw190A4_6_JG2 SAND AND GREEN.png

Fw190A4_2_JG2 SAND YELLOW.png

Oh..Clave is the Master of these profiles.There is many of them in the forum.Try to find Clave's personal gallery, Keith.
But I would like to point that these profiles are of A-4 variant.

Hi Wojtek

I thought it was an a-4. More reserch needed as i don't see the difference between the A-3 and A-4:oops:

I am not as good as you guys on here they look the same to me.

There are some excellent profiles of Dora - 9's in the "Modelmania Focke-Wulf Fw 190D" book by AJ Press which Wurger kindly sent me. Unfortunately I do not have a scanner so perhaps someone else could oblige who has both the book and scanner?

Hi Maximowitz

I am sorting out the colour sceme for my Fw190 A-3 and i found these details of these A-3 and A-4.

How easy or hard is it to turn an A-3 into an A-4:oops:

fw190_variants_03.jpg

The main differences in an outer look between A-3 and A-4 are the antenna wire mount at the top of the fin and the shape of the engine vent-slots.In addition The A-4 variant had movable vent shutters mounted there.

Ah... you'll need to ask Wurger about that, I'm no expert on er, Wurgers :D

If you ever need to know anything about:

Bf 110

Me 410

Bf 109 K-4

I'm your man. Fw 190's... er....no. :D

You are welcome.....Keith. But why are you going to correct the model? The A-3 version is nice as well.

I am just thinking of the practice i will get with this, but thinking it over i think i will just stick to the A-3 version.

As it will be a lot easier for me at this time ( not enough experience ):oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back