Age9: Academy P-40B Tomahawk

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wouldn't go that far. He's a perfectionist. He may just toss it if he gets a spec of glue out of place. :lol:

A short note for your son Matt. Let be careful with the wing roots, these upper halves of wing are a little bit too long and it can cause a problem with the wing fitting.

The pencil sketch is wonderfull.:D

Yes indeed, that scetch if truly awesome. My Mother, younger Sister, and I are all lefties as well, I'm the only one that did not get the artistic gene of the three;(
Tell Aaron to keep up the great work, it will pay off someday.

A little progress today. Aaron was a little tired from his school week and it culminating with Halloween on Friday and two soccer games on Saturday.

He got his cockpit put together. There were some minor fitting problems. The control column would not fit properly and required some knife work. He's got a lot to learn about his knife, proper handling, direction of cuts to minimize damage to his pieces and keeping his fingers out of the way. All I can do is caution him and wince. He's gonna cut himself, we all have and do. BTW that is not the knife he is using. He's using an X-acto knife with a brand new blade. That is the knife that I was using to scrape my SR-71 cockpit attachment points while sitting next to him.

So here is his cockpit, propeller and hub, drop tank and raised gear details.

Attachments

• DSCF1704.JPG
    DSCF1704.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 68
Here are some pics of his wing join work. [wince] Be careful with that knife, buddy. The wings went together fairly well. He only had a couple of complaints about the pins not being large enough for a positive attachment. Other than that he appeared to have no problems. The wings all glued up and clamped down.

Next is the fuselage, but he was too tired to do that today and wanted a break.

[On a side note, you can see my 30yo Testors silver paint in the paint holder in all three pics. He politely chastised me that my paint jar was entirely too sloppy, as paint in the lid prevented him from closing it readily and gooped up his hands in the process. :oops: And I'm the guy who lectures him on proper use of brushes and keeping our paints clean. :lol: ]

Attachments

• DSCF1705.JPG
    DSCF1705.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1706.JPG
    DSCF1706.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF1707.JPG
    DSCF1707.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 66
Just brilliant Matt! BTW, I was a bit late getting to the Post Office, but the stuff is on it's way, with another 1/72nd scale P40 kit for your boy, he deserves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back