Age9: Academy P-40B Tomahawk

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

great job !
my daughter wants a go at building a model from scratch now that she's seen your son's progress matt, i hope she's as patient and methodical as he seems to be and ends up with the same results as well

:lol: Thanks guys, I'll convey the positive comments. He'll appreciate it. He got brain overload yesterday. Today he has soccer, Tues he has art lessons and basketball. Wed is soccer. Perhaps more progress on Thurs.

Yeah the wife knows about the clothes pins (pegs). During the summer she hangs sheets on the clothes line. But now that we are in our monsoon season, that won't be happening too soon. I'll put them back just like she puts back my tools... I'll leave them in the yard until she finds them. :toothy3:

And Rochie and Les, post some pics when you get a chance. Best of luck to them.

will do matt recently my girl (april) repainted a revell 1/72 hurricane that i stuffed up, she also did all the decals herself, i'll post a pic of that in the next 2 days.
we also might be going shopping for new kits if my car repair bill isn't to big

Next was the fuselage. Cleaning up the sprues and glueing the cockpit. Aaron is more adept at using a surgical knife than I am (see other post with blood, tragedy and lots of knapkins).

Attachments

• DSCF1727.JPG
    DSCF1727.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1728.JPG
    DSCF1728.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF1729.JPG
    DSCF1729.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1730.JPG
    DSCF1730.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF1731.JPG
    DSCF1731.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF1732.JPG
    DSCF1732.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 54
That is amazingly neat work, especially for a youngster of nine! What's he going to be like by the time he's 19?!!!

Probably giving me shite. We call him "The Prosecuter". You say something to him and his first reaction is "No." And he's usually right.

Looking excellent.Matt my best regards to your son.:D

Next step he put the wings together. :lol:

While he did an excellent job, you will see that he must have missed the pins because the result was no dihedral. Oh well. He was really happy. Guess that explains the first pic of him having to cleanup the outside wing edges.

I didn't have the heart to tell him. It's his build.

Attachments

• DSCF1735.JPG
    DSCF1735.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF1734.JPG
    DSCF1734.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF1733.JPG
    DSCF1733.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 49
Next up... painting the cockpit.

Attachments