Air france flight from Brazil to Paris

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
is missing, lost contact after reporting electrical failure northeast of Natal Brazil.....

maybe he pulled a hudson i hope there aren't any man eaters out there.

Last edited:
It's not looking good. Lastest report states the aircraft was only just entering African radar range, which means the plane could have gone down in the middle of the ocean. That will be even more difficult locating anything. French and Brazilian navies and aircraft have been dispatched to formulate a search pattern.

I've flown this route only once before, not a problem. Very long flight though. I have a cousin who regularly flies this route for his business, and when we talked this morning he said there are times when the flight can hit amazingly strong turbulence, not the kind of stuff usually encountered over the Northern Atlantic, but really scary rough stuff. Anyone else familiar with this route?

RIP to all those on board. It terrible when things like this happens, but even worse when people and plane simply vanish without a trace. There's no closure for their families. :(

I think radar coverage would be scanty unlike the North Atlantic which is surrounded by heavy radar i doubt if there is even Air Defence radar in tha area

Lightning strike? Not another fuel tank catastrophe, I hope. Wait and see is the game now. Too many variables. ETOPS operations, flyby wire architecture, bad weather...

Ouch. Not a good area to get lost in, and trying to set down in the Atlantic in the middle of a thunderstorm....I fear the worst, but pray for a miracle.

Sad news, radio here confirmed the were 3 Irish people were on board.

Scary -knowing there could be people floating out there in the middle of the atlantic

Lets hope that pilot did a good job putting her down (if it was possible at all)

The ones that don't make it -lets hope they didn't have it too painful :(

Flying in the proximity of T storms don't paint a rosey picture, one could only speculate at this time.

God's speed to the passenger's families.

whatever (lightning, electrical, structural, bomb) - it was a sudden and complete catastrophic failure with not even a peep from the flight crew.

maybe they will find some seat cushions or even a fuel cell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back