Aircraft on sticks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You need one - no, wait - four big sticks for that one. Truly amazing, I never seen that before. And great photo too.
I wonder what will be next? Now they only need to put Airbus A380 or Boeing 747 on a stick. :D

Last edited:
:shock:

The cadets need to get in touch with their Russian counterparts. Imagine the look on the commandant's face when he glances up over his coffee one morning and sees a big ol' Bear sittin' up there.

Now, that would be a prank 8)

Heres the two gate guards at RAF Akrotiri.

The Whirlwind XD184...normaly refered to as the 'yellow helicopter' for some strange reason !!!...ex 84 Squadron, and then the Frightening...sorry, Lightning.

84 Squadron have flown the following A/C over the years...SE5A, Blenheim, Beaufighter, Mosquito, Beverly and a number of other notable planes. Currently flying the Bell 412 .

Frightening XS929, repainted in the Firebirds display team colours back in 2009. a very impresive looking bit of kit.

Where did the 'Frightening' handle come from ?...way back when they where being introduced into active service, and before the advent of twin seat versions, rumour has it that one guy on return from his first solo staggered back into the crew room, where he was asked by the guys who where about to go for their first flights, how it went.

He replied...." I was with all the way up until I released the brakes for take off !"

Attachments

• gg1.jpg
    gg1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 100
  • gg2.jpg
    gg2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 107
  • gg3.jpg
    gg3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 99
  • gg4.jpg
    gg4.jpg